Del Rio Explains Why WWE Is Backing Off Mexico, Intercontinental Cup Update

Submitted by Michael Bluth on January 30, 2013 - 11:58am
Posted In:
[Previous Article] - [Next Article] - [Contact Author]



Sponsored Links

- During a recent interview with Yahoo! Deportes over the weekend, WWE World Heavyweight champion Alberto Del Rio revealed that WWE has backed off on their plans to continue touring Mexico. The company previously saw Mexico as a huge new market, however Del Rio cited the country's declining a economy and the poor attendance and merchandise sales during WWE's 2012 Mexico as reasons why WWE is now backing off.

Del Rio said he is very thankful that WWE gave him the opportunity to become the superstar he is today and standing by him through some very difficult situations (he did not elaborate). Del Rio says when he retires in a few years, he hopes to work behind the scenes as a WWE producer/agent and help develop younger talent.

- NXT wrestler CJ Parker, who has been out of action for several months with a wrist injury, tweeted that today is a huge day for him because he's getting checked out by his doctor and will find out when he can return to action.

- It appears that the WWE Intercontinental Cup will not begin on this week's Main Event as advertised. Matches taped for Main Event were Tensai vs. Titus O'Neil and Ryback vs. Antonio Cesaro.

Wade Barrett tweeted that he will be making a "huge announcement" regarding the Intercontinental Cup.

* What's Next For THE SHIELD & PAUL HEYMAN, Ryback's WM29 Opponent



Advertisements



Menu Image


© 1997 - 2014 Rajah.com || Contact Us || Privacy Policy