WWE's annual Money In The Bank pay-per-view event takes place at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Goldust & R-Truth def. Tyler Breeze and Fandango: Fandango and Breeze sell their sunburns from Goldust and R-Truth locking them in their tanning beds in the back. Fandango is able to get the upper hand over R-Truth with help from a distraction by Breeze, but Goldust gets the hot tag and hits the Curtain Call for the win.
- The Lucha Dragons def. The Dudley Boyz: The Dudleys keep the pace slow early on, but after a hurricanrana from Kalisto, Sin Cara gets the tag and hits a series of high-flying moves on both Dudleys to clear the ring. The hit double-team suicide dives to the outside onto the two Dudleys. Back in the ring, the Dudleys mount a comeback and hit the Doomsday Device on Kalisto for a 2 count. Kalisto hits the Salida del Sol on Bubba, then Sin Cara tags in and follows up with the Dragon Bomb for the win.
WWE Money In The Bank 2016
- New Day (c) def. The Club vs. Enzo & Cass vs. The Vaudevillains: Enzo and Cass are out first to kick off the show with a promo. The New Day comes out last and they cut a promo on their way to the ring too. Big E and Kofi will be competing in this one on behalf of the New Day. Kofi starts off against Anderson and lays him out with a flying back elbow to the take control. Enzo gets the tag and they hit double cross body splashes and double dropkicks on the heels, before turning against each other. The aprons clear when everyone runs in to break up a pin attempt and all hell breaks loose with all eight men brawling. Enzo reverses a powerslam attempt by Gallows into a tornado DDT, then Big Cass and Anderson get the hot tags. Big Cass cleans house and follows up by throwing his partner Enzo down onto his opponents at ringside. They hit the Bada Boom on Anderson and pin, but Gallows breaks the pin. The Vaudevillains hit the Whirling Dervish on Kofi, then Big E spears Gotch through the ropes to the floor. The Club hits the Magic Killer on Aiden English but Big E breaks up the pin and Cass gives Gallows a big boot to the outside. Kofi comes in and steals the pin on English for the win.
- Kevin Owens is being interviewed in the back when Jericho and then Del Rio interrupt. Del Rio calls them perros, but Jericho says he doesn't see any dogs in front of him, just a "a perro idiots."
- Baron Corbin def. Dolph Ziggler: After back-and-forth action in the opening moments, Corbin takes control and slows things down after laying out Ziggler with a right hand. Ziggler comes back with a series of clotheslines and a splash in the corner, followed up by a swinging neckbreaker on Corbin. Corbin blocks a superkick and lays out Ziggler with a clothesline. Corbin blocks one Fameasser, but Ziggler successfully hits it on his second attempt for a near-fall. Corbin rolls out to ringside and Ziggler goes to splash on him, but Corbin catches him and hits the Deep Six onto the floor. Corbin goes for the End of Days, but Ziggler gets out and hits the superkick for another near-fall. Corbin knocks Ziggler off the top rope and hits the End of Days for the win.
- Charlotte & Dana Brooke def. Natalya & Becky Lynch: Natalya starts off in control against Dana until Charlotte gets the tag. Natalya then tags in Becky and they hit the Hart Attack on Charlotte. Dana Brooke grabs Natalya's leg from the floor, allowing Charlotte to hit a big boot on her and take control of the match. Becky gets the hot tag and hits a t-bone suplex on on Charlotte then a double missile dropkick off the top onto both heels for a 2-count on the Women's Champion. Natalya gets tagged back in and gets Charlotte in the Sharpshooter but Dana breaks it up. Charlotte hits the Natural Selection for the win. Natalya turns on Becky after the match and beats her down.
- Dean Ambrose cuts a promo in the back about the ladder match later tonight.
- Apollo Crews def. Sheamus: Sheamus starts on the offensive before the bell even rings and tries to keep Crews grounded. Sheamus hits the Irish Curse backbreaker from the apron down to the floor at ringside. Crews comes back with a belly to belly suplex that sends Sheamus to the outside, then follows up with a moonsault off the apron onto Sheamus on the ringside floor. Back in the ring, Sheamus hits a running powerslam then hits the White Noise off the middle rope for a 2 count. Sheamus argues with the ref about the call, and Crews rolls him up from behind for the win.
- We see Roman Reigns in the back taping his wrists, and then go to a promo video for AJ Styles vs. John Cena.
- AJ Styles def. John Cena: The crowd is hot for this one. Cena and Styles lock up and trade holds in the opening minutes. Cena can be heard pretty clearly on the WWE Network feed giving instructions to AJ when he's in the side headlock. Cena hits a series of takedowns and goes for the Attitude Adjustment but AJ gets out and hits a series of right hands and chops. AJ continues with the offense, but Cena comes back with a belly to belly suplex for a one count. AJ avoids taking any more damage and goes to work on Cena, hitting a knee drop and a vertical suplex. AJ Styles said "shit" at one point and it was censored on the WWE Network. Cena hits a big back body drop and a couple shoulder tackles, but AJ comes back with a dropkick. AJ hits a hurricanrana that sends Cena to the outside and AJ follows up with a suicide dive. AJ goes back in the ring for a second dive, but misses this one. Back in the ring, AJ gets out of an Attitude Adjustment attempt and hits some strikes, but Cena comes back with the STF. AJ reaches the ropes to break the hold, and they go up to the top rope. Cena goes for the Attitude Adjustment off the top, but AJ fights him off. AJ goes for the Phenomenal Forearm but Cena catches him in the Attitude Adjustment position. Styles gets out and locks Cena in the Calf Crusher, but Cena gets to the ropes. AJ works on Cena with leg kicks, but Cena comes back with a big clothesline and hits the AA for a near-fall. Cena can still be heard on the WWE Network giving instructions to Styles. Cena comes off the top rope but AJ catches him and drops him with a powerbomb for a near-fall of his own. AJ hits a Pele Kick and a Styles Clash on Cena, but Cena kicks out at the 2 count. AJ goes for a 450 splash off the top rope, but Cena gets his knees up for the block. AJ and Cena repeatedly try their signature moves on each other but they keep evading them. Cena gets AJ up for the AA, but the referee got knocked down in the commotion and there's no one to count the pin. Gallows and Anderson come out and hit the Magic Killer on Cena and pull AJ ontop of him. The referee gets back in and counts to three.
- Dean Ambrose def. Chris Jericho, Kevin Owens, Cesaro and Sami Zayn: As soon as the bell rings everyone starts brawling, and eventually Sami Zayn hits a big suicide dive over the top rope onto everyone else on the floor at ringside. Jericho uses a ladder as a weapon to take control of the match, until Ambrose gets him from behind and body slams him into the ladder. Jericho comes back with a vertical suplex into the ladder. Cesaro hits the ring and cleans house with European uppercuts. Owens lays him out with a superkick then hits cannonballs and everyone sitting the corners. Sami Zayn hits a t bone suplex on Owens into Jericho, then hits them both with big boots. Del Rio goes to work on Zayn with a ladder, then hits a double foot stomp on Cesaro onto a ladder. Del Rio and Cesaro climb a ladder in the middle of the ring and Del Rio gets him in an armbar on the ladder, until Owens superkicks him in the face. Jericho and Zayn climb the ladder, but Owens pushes them both off and climbs it himself. Del Rio hits the backstabber on Owens off the ladder, then lays the ladder across the turnbuckle. Cesaro hits the swing on Del Rio, then on Jericho into a ladder. Ambrose hits an elbow off the top of a ladder onto Cesaro. Owens hits Ambrose with a ladder, then lays Ambrose ontop of the ladder and hits a frogsplash off the top rope on him. Zayn hits the Michinoku Driver onto Owens onto the edge of a ladder. Del Rio sets up a folded ladder across the middle turnbuckle and standing ladder, then Cesaro does that on the other side of the ladder with another one. Ambrose hits the Dirty Deeds on Jericho on the mat, and Owens powerbombs Zayn onto one of the ladders. Ambrose knocks Owens off the standing ladder into another ladder, then grabs the briefcase for the win.
- Rusev (c) def. Titus O'Neil: Rusev rolls to the outside as soon as the bell rings and the two men brawl all around ringside in the opening minutes of the match. Titus' kids are in the front row. Back in the ring, Rusev works on Titus in the corner and hits a spinning heel kick for a 1 count. Rusev hits a variation of the swanton bomb and continues the beat down on Titus. Titus sidesteps a splash in the corner and hits a pumphandle slam for a 2 count. Titus hits a splash in the corner and a big boot, then a spinebuster for another 2. Titus hits another pumphandle slam for anther near-fall. Rusev hits a couple kicks and gets Titus in the Accolade for the win.
- New WWE World Heavyweight Champion Seth Rollins def. Roman Reigns: The two former Shield members trade holds and takedowns in the opening minutes, and Roman seems to get the upper hand until Rollins sends him to the outside with a dropkick and a knee to the back. Rollins dives through the middle ropes onto Roman at ringside, then hits a couple running elbows on him back in the ring. Roman comes back with a Samoan drop, and after several minutes of offense he hits a tilt-a-whirl powerslam for a near-fall. Rollins tries to mount a comeback, but Reigns sits him on the top rope and sends him to the outside with a right hand. Cole and JBL keep saying this is a "new Roman Reigns," as Reigns and Rollins brawl around ringside. Back in the ring, Reigns hits a Razor's Edge into a powerbomb on Rollins for another near-fall. Rollins gets up and sends Reigns to the outside, and follows up with a successful dive through the middle ropes onto him, and then connects with a suicide dive over the top rope onto the Champ. Back in the ring, he hits the slingblade for a 2 count on Reigns. Rollins goes for the Pedigree, but Reigns gets out and hits the Superman punch for a 2-count. Rollins hits a series of kicks and knees to Reigns, then a frog splash off the top for another 2-count. Rollins hits a turnbuckle powerbomb and a superkick for another near-fall. Rollins hits a few forearm shots in the corner, then takes things to the top rope. Rollins superplexes Reigns off the top rope and rolls into a Falcon Arrow, he pins and gets another 2-count. Reigns gets out of a Pedigree attempt and hits a sit out powerbomb for a 2-count. They trade blows in the middle of the ring until Rollins powerbombs Reigns into the corner, but Reigns no-sells it and Superman punches him. Rollins kicks out at 2. They take things to the outside and Reigns misses a spear, crashing through the fan barricade by himself. A doctor comes out to check on Reigns. Rollins takes things back in the ring and there's a ref bump, which leads to Reigns only getting a 2-count for a spear. Reigns goes for another spear, but Rollins jumps and catches him in mid-air with a Pedigree for a 2-count. Rollins hits another Pedigree for the win.
- Ambrose's music hits and he comes out with his Money In The Bank briefcase, and we have a match!
- New WWE World Heavyweight Champion Dean Ambrose def. Seth Rollins: Ambrose hits Rollins with the briefcase then throws the case at the referee, who calls for the opening bell. Ambrose runs in the ring, hits the Dirty Deeds and pins Rollins for the win. Ambrose stands on the announce table and holds his World Heavyweight Title in the air to close out the show.