WWE Clash Of Champions 2016 aired live from Bankers Life Fieldhouse in Indianapolis, IN.
- The New Day (c) def. Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson: The New Day cut a promo before the match and say Gallows and Anderson don't have a chance at taking their Tag Team Titles tonight. Gallows drops Big E with a big boot at ringside after the bell but before the action starts in the ring. Anderson hits a running powerbomb on Kofi in the ring, then a flying knee in the corner. The heels work over The New Day in the opening minutes of the match until Kofi is able to get the hot tag to Big E. Big E hits a series of belly to belly suplexes on Anderson and gollows up with a big splash. Big E goes to spear Anderson off the apron, but Anderson blocks with a knee to the face. Big E comes right back with a Rock Bottom for a two count. Gallows gets the tag and they hit a Magic Killer on Big E, but Kofi breaks up the pin attempt. Kofi tags in, but leaps right into a spinebuster from Anderson for a 2 count. Gallows tags in and misses a big boot, but successfully hits a chokeslam then a superkick on Big E. They go for the Magic Killer on Kofi but he escapes. Kofi hits the Trouble In Paradise on Anderson and Big E hits the Big Ending, but Gallows breaks up the pin attempt there. Gallows and Big E brawl at ringside, then Kofi comes flying with a suicide dive on Gallows on the floor. Xavier nails Anderson with the trombone behind the referee's back, then Kofi and Big E hit the Midnight Hour on Anderson for the win.
- TJ Perkins (c) def. Brian Kendrick: Kendrick refuses to shake Perkins' hand early on. The ropes are purple for this match. Kendrick and Perkins go back and forth in the opening minutes with mat wrestling and offense in the corner. Perkins hits a neckbreaker but doesn't get all of it, then hits an atomic backbreaker for a two count. Perkins goes up top and hits a leaping hurricanrana that sends Kendrick flying over the top rope to the outside. Back in the ring, Kendrick goes for the Sliced Bread but Perkins escapes. Perkins hits a kick to the side of the head then attempts a 450 splash off the top, but Kendrick moves and goes for The Hook. Perkins escapes and gets Kendrick in a knee bar. Kendrick gets out and hits the Sliced Bread for a near-fall. Perkins escapes another Hook attempt and gets Kendrick in the knee bar for the win. After the match, Kendrick goes to shake Perkins' hand but then headbutts him down to the mat.
- Cesaro vs. Sheamus: Cesaro cuts a promo in the back before the match saying that he is both mentally and physically tougher than Sheamus. Cesaro starts things off with a bang after clotheslining Sheamus to the outside then hitting a splash off the apron. Back in the ring, Cesaro goes up top but Sheamus pushes him off and crotches him on the top rope. Sheamus hits an Irish Curse backbreaker and starts wearing down Cesaro on the mat. Sheamus hits a splash in the corner and a clothesline off the top for a near-fall. Cesaro comes back with a dropkick and a version of Rey Mysterio's 619. Cesaro hits a springboard elbow and goes for the Neutralizer, but Sheamus gets out and hits an Irish Curse backbreaker. Sheamus hits two more backbreakers for a near-fall. Sheamus follows up with a Texas Cloverleaf but Cesaro gets the ropes to break the hold. Sheamus hits another Irish Curse backbreaker and tries to follow up with a big boot, but Cesaro ducks and swings Sheamus. Cesaro gets Sheamus in the Sharpshooter but Sheamus reaches the ropes. Sheamus rolls outside and Cesaro drops him with a suicide dive. Cesaro lands really badly on his head on the floor. They roll back in the ring and Sheamus hits the big boot for a two count. Cesaro comes back with a big boot of his own, then a clothesline and the Neutralizer for another near-fall. Cesaro and Sheamus start trading right hands until Cesaro takes control with a series of uppercuts. They fight on the turnbuckle and Sheamus knocks Cesaro down the ringside floor. Sheamus goes up top and comes flying down with a clothesline on Cesaro on the floor. Sheamus hits the White Noise on Cesaro on the floor at ringside, then they brawl over the fan barricade into the crowd. The referee decides that the match should stop, and the bell rings. No official decision is announced. Sheamus and Cesaro are carried in different directions by officials while the crowd chants "let them fight."
- Chris Jericho def. Sami Zayn: After several minutes of back and forth action, things go to ringside and Zayn hits a moonsault off the fan barricade onto Y2J. Back in the ring, Jericho comes back with a flying back elbow off the top rope for a two count. Zayn hits some stiff chops to the chest of Jericho, but Jericho lifts him up and crotches him on the top rope. Jericho kicks Zayn to the outside, then follows him out and hits a vertical suplex on Zayn on the ringside floor. Back in the ring, Zayn counters a facebuster attempt and throws Jericho right back outside. Zayn hits a suicide dive on Jericho on the floor, then rolls him back in the ring for a splash off the top rope for a near-fall. Zayn hits a Michinoku Driver for another near-fall. Zayn escapes a Walls of Jericho attempt, but Jericho is able to hit a kick to the head that drops Zayn. Jericho starts slapping Zayn in the face and Zayn comes back with some slaps to the face of his own. Jericho drops him with an elbow and goes for the Lionsault, but Zayn blocks it with his knees. Zayn comes off the top with a tornado DDT and Jericho rolls outside. Zayn comes flying through the ropes and hits another tornado DDT on Jericho on the floor. Back in the ring, Jericho avoids a big boot, but then Zayn blocks a Codebreaker and hits a t-bone suplex into the corner. Jericho dodges another big boot and gets Zayn in the Walls of Jericho. Zayn gets out and hits the Blue Thunder Bomb for another near fall. Zayn picks up Jericho for another one, but Jericho stops him short and hits the Codebreaker for the win.
- Owens is backstage preparing for his match when he is approached by Mick Foley and Stephanie McMahon. Owens cuts a promo on them for giving him too many obstacles, and says he's going to prove tonight why Triple H made the right decision by choosing him to be the Universal Champion.
- Charlotte (c) def. Sasha Banks vs. Bayley: This Women's Championship match is a No DQ match. The competitors dish out evenly matched offense early on. Sasha takes control and hits running double knees on Charlotte in the corner, but she turns around into a t-bone suplex from Bayley. Dana drops Bayley on the apron from the outside, and Charlotte hits a kick to the back of Sasha that sends her into the turnbuckle. Charlotte keeps working the back of Sasha, until Bayley makes a comeback and hits a series of running elbows on both Charlotte and Sasha in the corners. Sasha hits the double knees on Charlotte and Bayley in the corner, then the double knees again on Bayley off the apron onto the ringside floor. Sasha and Charlotte trade chops at ringside, but when they get back in the ring Charlotte takes control with a backbreaker and a Rock Bottom. Bayley comes in and hits the belly to belly suplex on Charlotte out of nowhere for a near fall. Charlotte eventually gets both Bayley and Sasha down, then hits a moonsault off the top for a near-fall on Sasha then on Bayley. Sasha gets Charlotte in the Banks Statement but Dana Brooke breaks it up and pulls Charlotte outside. Bayley goes up top, but Charlotte knocks her down to ringside. Charlotte hits a big boot on Sasha, then Sasha comes back with the backstabber and the Banks Statement. Bayley breaks it up, then Sasha gets her in the Banks Statement too. Charlotte beaks that up with a boot to the face of Sasha. Charlotte hits a big boot on Bayley that sends her flying into Sasha, and Sasha falls down to the floor. Charlotte hits a second big boot on Bayley for the win.
- Roman Reigns (c) def. Rusev: Lana introduces Rusev before the match. Reigns' new catch phrase "Believe that" is on the big screen for his entrance. Reigns throws Rusev to the outside early on. Rusev rolls back in and Reigns sends him back outside with an uppercut. Reigns hits some right hands, but Rusev comes back with a spinning heel kick then starts pummeling on Reigns when he's down. Rusev hits a series of clotheslines, then throws Reigns into the ring post. Rusev beats down Reigns at ringside as the crowd chants "CM Punk." Rusev throws Reigns into the ring steps, then rolls him back in the ring for a two count. Rusev hits a dropkick, but Reigns comes back with a Samoan Drop. Reigns follows up with a series of clotheslines in the corner, then clotheslines the champion to the outside. Reigns throws Rusev into the ring steps, then rolls him back in the ring. Reigns goes for a Superman punch, but Rusev drops him with a pair of kicks. Rusev calls for the Accolade, but before he can lock it in Reigns jumps up and hits a Superman punch. Lana gets on the apron and distracts Reigns before he can hit another one, and Rusev drops Reigns with a superkick. Rusev goes for the Accolade but Reigns gets out and spears Rusev. Reings pins, but Lana pulls the referee out of the ring. The referee ejects Lana and she leaves. Reigns throws Rusev back out to ringside then hits a baseball slide kick and the Drive By. Reigns hits another Drive By where he lands on the announce table. Back in the ring, Reigns calls for the spear. Rusev stops him with a superkick then locks Reigns in the Accolade. Reigns stands up with Rusev on his back to break the hold, then spears Rusev for the win. Roman Reigns is now the new United States Champion.
- Kevin Owens (c) vs. Seth Rollins: Owens rolls outside as soon as the bell rings to buy some time. Rollins follows him out and whips Owens into the fan barricade. Back in the ring, Rollins stomps a mudhole in Owens in the corner. Owens rolls outside and Rollins hits a flying knee to the face off the apron on Owens. Back in the ring, Rollins hits a series of chops and a knee to the chest. Rollins hits some kicks, but Owens blocks one and drops the challenger with a DDT. Owens takes control of the match and keeps Rollins grounded with stomps to the head. Owens throws Rollins outside, then follows up with a flying elbow drop off the apron onto Rollins on the floor. Back in the ring, Owens hits a Senton Bomb for a two count. Owens whips Rollins into opposite turnbuckles then keeps him grounded with kicks. Rollins comes back with a Slingblade and a series of running forearm strikes in the corner. Rollins hits a backbreaker then dropkicks Owens to the outside. Rollins strips an announce table, but Owens rolls back in the ring. Rollins hits a superkick on Owens then goes for the Pedigree, ubt Owens gets out. Owens hits a kick to the knee of Rollins then a cannonball in the corner for a two count. Rollins hits a flying knee to the face, but Owens comes back with a superkick right away. Owens goes up top but Rollins hits him with a kick to the head once again. Rollins tries to superplex Owens off the turnbuckle, but Owens headbutts him off. Owens ends up hitting a fireman's carry gutbuster off the top, then a frogsplash off the top, for a two count. Owens takes Rollins outside and lays him on the Spanish announce table. Owens climbs on the English announce table, tells the referee to suck it, then goes for a Senton Bomb on Rollin through the Spanish announce table. Rollins moves out of the way and Owens crashes through the table by himself. Back in the ring, Rollins hits a flying kneed to the face off the top rope, then a frogsplash off the top for a near-fall. Jericho comes out to distract Rollins, and Rollins turns around into a powerbomb from Owens for a near-fall. Rollins throws Owens into Jericho, then knees Owens in the face. Rollins tells Owens to suck it then hits the Pedigree, but Jericho puts Owens foot on the rope to break the count. Owens goes for a pop up powerbomb on Rollins, but knocks the referee down inside. Rollins hits the Pedigree but there's no referee to count. Jericho hits the ring while the referee is still down and goes to work on Rollins. Rollins eventually throws Jericho outside then hits a suicide dive on him through the ropes. Rollins slides back in the ring, then hits a suicide dive on the opposite side of the ring onto Owens. Rollins throws Owens back in the ring and calls for another referee. Stephanie brings one out, and Rollins turns around right into a Pop Up Powerbomb. Owens pins Rollins for the win to retain his Universal Title.