The first RAW of 2017 aired live from the Amalie Arena in Tampa, Florida.
- Mick Foley is in the ring to kick off RAW. Foley talks about his New Year's resolutions, and says one of them is to make sure Kevin Owens defends his Universal Title against Roman Reigns with no interference from Chris Jericho. Owens and Jericho interrupt shortly after and cut a promo on Foley. Foley tells Kevin Owens that he'll be hosting the first "Kevin Owens Show" tonight, and he'll be tasked with interviewing Goldberg. Stephanie McMahon comes out next and sets up Roman Reigns vs. Chris Jericho in a U.S. Title match later, and Kevin Owens vs. Seth Rollins is up now. The loser of Owens vs. Rollins will be banned from ringside during the Reigns vs. Jericho match. In the Reigns-Jericho match, Reigns will lose his U.S. Title if he loses via DQ or count-out. Stephanie sends Jericho away to prepare, then yells at Foley that he has work to do because they're in a ratings war with SmackDown and the blue show won last week.
- Seth Rollins def. Kevin Owens via DQ: This is a non-title match, and the loser will be banned from ringside for Reigns vs. Jericho later tonight. Owens rolls outside and Rollins hits a suicide dive over the top rope right off the bat. Owens and Rollins brawl around ringside until rolling back in the ring to exchange chops to the chest. Rollins hits a Blockbuster off the middle rope and mounts a comeback, but Owens shuts him down and throws him out to the floor at ringside. Rollins sits up against the fan barricade and Owens goes for a cannonball, but Rollins rolls out of the way. They head back in the ring where Rollins hits a running forearm shot in the corner and a Slingblade. Rollins goes for a Pedigree, but Owens gets out and rolls to ringside where Rollins hits a suicide dive through the ropes. They fight through the timekeepers area and Owens hits Rollins with the bell and gets disqualified. After the finish, Rollins hits Owens with a knee to the face and attempts a Pedigree, but Owens rolls out of the ring and heads backstage.
- Karl Anderson def. Cesaro: Sheamus is on commentary and Luke Gallows is at ringside. After some back and forth action early-on, Anderson takes control of the match with a big boot that sends Cesaro to the outside. Back in the ring, Anderson hits another kick and a clothesline for a two count. Cesaro comes back with some European uppercuts, then a springboard crossbody off the turnbuckle for a two count. Cesaro goes for the Swing, but Gallows distracts him from ringside, which brings down Sheamus. Anderson hits a spinebuster on Cesaro for a two count. Cesaro comes back with a springboard European uppercut, then takes things up to the top rope. Gallows goes to interfere until Sheamus blocks him, but Gallows still shakes the ropes and Cesaro falls. Anderson hits a neckbreaker off the top rope for the win.
- Braun Strowman def. Sami Zayn: This one is a Last Man Standing match set up by Stephanie McMahon. Sami Zayn grabs a kendo stick from ringside early on and starts teeing off on Strowman's head with it. Back in the ring, Strowman grabs the stick away from Sami, then tosses him across the ring. Sami grabs another kendo stick from ringside and stats hitting Strowman with it. He goes for a springboard moonsault off the fan barricade, but Strowman catches him in mid-air and slams him into the barricade. Strowman misses a splash and hits the ring post, then Zayn pushes him into the other ring post. Sami goes for a flying shoulder block but Strowman swats him out of the air down to the floor. Back in the ring, Strowman hits a running splash in the corner then a right hand. Strowman continues to beat down Zayn all the way over to the announce table by the stage. They brawl through the curtain into the backstage area where Zayn hits Strowman with a pipe then throws him into the some boxes. Strowman throws Zayn on top of some other boxes, then Sami jumps off them with a flying forearm. Zayn beats Strowman with a steel chair back out to the announce table area. They start fighting on the stage, where Zayn hits a running cross-body on Strowman that takes them down through two tables on the floor. Zayn grabs another chair and beats Strowman down the ramp with it. Strowman blocks a chair show then throws Zayn down the rest of the ramp and follows up with a clothesline. Strowman hits a running powerslam on Zayn on the floor at ringside, then a series of knees to the face. Strowman hits a second running powerslam on the floor, and Zayn is down for the ten count, giving Strowman the win. Mick Foley comes out with some medics and they put Zayn in a stretcher. Strowman knocks over the stretcher then slams Zayn into the fan barricade.
- The New Day comes out to the ring to talk about their New Year's resolutions, but they get interrupted by Titus O'Neil who tells them he should be the newest member of the New Day. Titus starts dancing but The New Day doesn't look impressed. Titus calls Xavier the weakest member of the group, and we've got a match.
- Xavier Woods def. Titus O'Neil: It's all Titus in the opening minutes and he lays into Woods and keeps him grounded. Xavier comes back with some kicks to the head, then throws Titus outside and follows up with a suicide plancha. Back in the ring, Woods pins for a two count. Woods goes up top for a cross body but Titus Catches him and slams him. Titus goes for a fallaway slam but Xavier reverses into a sunset flip for the win.
- Backstage, Bayley asks Stephanie McMahon why she chose Dana Brooke for guest referee in her match against Charlotte last week. Stephanie says Charlotte's lawyer made her do it, and then she tells Bayley that she never wanted her on Monday Night RAW. Steph says she doesn't "see it" in Bayley, and Foley is the one who pushed for Bayley. Bayley says nothing is going to stop her from achieving her dreams, and Stephanie says she's going to give her a chance in a #1 contender's match tonight against Naya Jax. If Bayley wins, she gets a shot at Charlotte's Women's Title at the Royal Rumble.
- Drew Gulak def. Cedric Alexander: Austin Aries is on commentary for this one. Alicia Fox is at ringside in Alexander's corner, and Tony Neese is in Gulak's corner. Gulak gets lots of offense in early on, and takes control of the match after powerslaming Alexander into the ropes. Cedric comes back with an elbow to the head and a kick, then Neese gets on the apron. Alicia pulls Neese off the apron, which distracts Cedric. Drew rolls up Cedric from behind off the distraction for the win. On commentary, Aries says Cedric needs to stop bringing Alicia to ringside.
- Roman Reigns (c) def. Chris Jericho: The U.S. Title is on the line, and Reigns will still lose the title in the event of a DQ or count out. Kevin Owens has been banned from ringside. After some back and forth action, Jericho takes control with a missile dropkick to the face of Reigns. Reigns attempts to mount a comeback, but Jericho blocks a Superman punch with his springboard patented dropkick. Reign misses the Drive-by at ringside and flies face-first into the ring post. Reigns escapes a running bulldog attempt by Jericho, then hits Jericho with a series of clotheslines in the corner. Reigns follows up with a back suplex for a two count. Jericho ducks a Superman punch and elbows Reigns in the face. Jericho goes for a Lionsault but Reigns blocks it with his knees. After a series of blocked signature moves, Jericho escapes a powerbomb with a hurricanrana. Jericho locks the Walls of Jericho in on Reigns, but Reigns fights his way out and rolls up Jericho in a small package for a two count. Jericho comes off the top rope but Reigns catches him in mid-air with a Superman punch for another two count. Jericho dodges a spear and goes for the Walls again, but Reigns fights out. Jericho dodges another spear and Reigns slams into the ring post. Jericho removes the padding from one of the top turnbuckles, then when the referee is putting it back on, Jericho rolls out and grabs the U.S. Title belt. Jericho throws the U.S. Title belt at Reigns and Reigns catches it, then Jericho flops don on his back. The referee turns around and sees Jericho on the ground and Reigns with the U.S. Title in his hand. The referee takes the belt from Reigns, then Jericho hops up and hits the Codebreaker on Reigns for a two count. Jericho goes for a splash in the corner but Reigns moves and Jericho hits his head on the exposed turnbuckle. Reigns follows up with a spear for the win to retain his U.S. Title.
- TJ Perkins def. Brian Kendrick: Aries is back on commentary. Kendrick jummps Perkins from behind to start the match, but Perkins comes back with a springboard cross body. Kendrick comes back with a suplex. but Perkins shuts him down with a Frankensteiner off the top rope. Kendrick attempts a Sliced Bread #2, but Perkins catches him and counters into the Detonation Kick. Perkins gets Kendrick in a knee bar and Kendrick taps out.
- Rusev & Jinder Mahal def. Big Cass: This one is a handicap match with Enzo and Lana at ringside. Mahal starts off against Big Cass, and it's all Cass in the opening minutes as he beats down Mahal in the corner. Cass knocks Mahal to the outside, then he drops Rusev with a big boot. Mahal slaps Enzo at ringside which draws Cass outside. Rusev hits a big boot off the distraction and pins Cass for the win.
- Bayley def. Nia Jax: Charlotte is on commentary for this one, which is a #1 contendership match for the Women's Title. Nia controls the opening moments of the match and hits a big running splash on Bayley in the corner. Nia hits a running butt bump to the face of Bayley, who is seated in the corner. Bayley dodges a spear from Nia and sends Nia crashing into the ring post. Nia throws Bayley down to the mat and hits a series of running elbow drops and a leg drop. Nia goes up to the middle rope, but then Sasha Banks' music hits. Bayley hits a belly to belly suplex off the middle rope after the distraction and scores the win. Bayley will now face Charlotte at the Royal Rumble, and she celebrates with Sasha on the ramp.
- We see a promotional graphic for The Undertaker and Shawn Michaels' appearances on next week's episode of RAW.
- Kevin Owens and Chris Jericho come out to the ring to host the first-ever "Kevin Owens Show" segment. Owens and Jericho sit down at a desk next to a guy who is standing up with a giant "Kevin Owens Show" logo over his face. Jericho puts Tampa Bay on The List for chanting for Goldberg. Before they introduce Goldberg, Jericho breaks the news that third entrant in the Royal Rumble this year will be Jericho himself. Owens is upset that Jericho will get a title shot if he wins, and Jericho says that no matter which one of the friends wins at WrestleMania, the title belt stays with them. Owens says he doesn't want to fight his best friend, and with that, Goldberg's music hits and he makes his way out. Goldberg gets in the ring and says that because Jericho is now an entrant in the Royal Rumble, "Chris Jericho, you're first!" Goldberg and Owens get in each other's faces and Goldberg tells Owens to take his shot. They're yelling at each other in the ring when Paul Heyman comes out on the stage to interrupt. Heyman says he has a spoiler for the Royal Rumble match: Lesnar's going to win. Goldberg disagrees, and says whether it's Owens or Reigns, he's getting his title shot at WrestleMania. Roman Reigns interrupts next and gets in Goldberg's face. During their stare-down, Braun Strowman's music hits and he interrupts next to say he'll be winning the Rumble match. Strowman gets in the ring, and Reigns and Goldberg team up to hit a double spear on Strowman. Reigns heads to the back as Goldberg celebrates in the ring. Goldberg takes pictures with fans at ringside as RAW goes off the air.