TNA Impact Wrestling TV Taping
Xplosion: ODB defeated Laurel Van Ness.
Eddie Edwards and Davey Richards brawled their way into the studio crowd to start the taping.
Jeremy Borash was named the newest member of the broadcast team. He told Josh Mathews that management wanted someone who people like. Borash said he was mentored by Mike Tenay to be the next announcer, but someone was fired by WWE and the old owners hired Mathews. Josh said he sat under the Jim Ross learning tree and called WrestleMania. Borash said he knows Ross, and Ross thinks Mathews sucks.
Cody Rhodes appeared and asked the fans if they wanted to see him face Moose.
1. Reno Scum defeated Bram and Kingston.
2. Braxton Sutter beat Marshe Rockett, Caleb Konley, and DJ Z in a four-way.
Cody Rhodes prevented Brandi Rhodes from wrestling KC Quinn. Cody said Moose was in Japan, but he is Japan. Cody challenged Moose for the Grand Championship. Rosemary attacked Quinn for no reason.
Bruce Prichard appeared and spoke about his previous run with the company. He announced that TNA as a name is dead, and Impact Wrestling is officially the new name going forward. Bruce said it was important he know the champion, and brought out Lashley. Prichard said he didn’t know if anyone could beat Lashley. Alberto El Patron (a/k/a Alberto Del Rio) came out. EC3 was out next and said El Patron had to earn his shot. Lashley said EC3 already lost to him, and he would face El Patron later in the show.
Dutch Mantel drove his scooter onto the stage. He spoke about making Impact great again. He mentioned names from the past and said they left because the company lacked leadership, vision, and respect. He said the fans left and he wants to bring them back by giving Impact back tot he fans. He had the fans stand and said, “We the People will make Impact great again.”
Cody called out Moose again. Borash reminded him that Moose was in Japan. Cody sat in the ring.
3. Laredo Kid and Garza Jr. beat Eli Drake and Tyrus.
4. Sienna defeated Rachael Ellering.
Rockstar Spud made several announcements, including that Slammiversary will be held July 2.
5. Alberto El Patron defeated Lashley to win the Impact Wrestling Championship. There were ref bumps and perhaps a Dusty finish. Two referees argued about who won the match, and then Earl Hebner joined them. Bruce Prichard and other company officials also came out. El Patron left with the title belt.
Moose vs. Eli Drake did not take place as advertised because Cody attacked Moose with a chair and gave him CrossRhodes on the stage.
Xplosion: Trevor Lee beat Caleb Konley, Marshe Rockett, Andrew Everett, DJ Z, and Idris Abraham in a six-way match.
Xplosion: Angelina Love beat Angel Rose.
6. Moose (w/Brandi Rhodes) defeated Cody Rhodes to win the Impact Grand Championship. Cody accidentally took out one of the three judges, who was replaced by Bruce Prichard. Moose won round one. Cody won round two. Brandi walked out on Cody before the third round. Moose won via split decision.