Here are a few more notes on the new USA/NBC Universal and WWE deal.
- Raw begins airing in October on USA, Telemundo and possibly on Mun2.
- In addition to the two 90 minute specials on NBC, there will be at least one yearly, one hour special on the USA Network.
- WWE will receive rights fees for their programming. USA will sell all of the advertising and keep the revenue from the sales. WWE will no longer sell the advertising.
- WWE expects revenues of about $37 million from advertising sales for the fiscal year that end on 4/30. Of that, they will net around $13 million. That will be gone on the new deal.
- NBC Universal has committed at least $8 million to a multi-platform ad campaign to promote the launch of the programs on USA.
- WWE will remain on Spike through the end of September, then start on USA.
[ Source: PWinsider.com ]