Cody Rhodes recently appeared as a guest on The Kliq for an in-depth interview covering all things pro wrestling.
During his appearance on the show, "The American Nightmare" spoke about the importance of stepping outside your comfort zone.
Featured below is an excerpt from the interview where he touches on this topic with his thoughts.
"The number one thing I learned, other than to reconnect with the fans and get the love from them that I had I needed at the time, the number one thing I learned is not to be in a bubble. For a decade I had been in the bubble of WWE and then the fact that AEW was able to happen proves that there were things far outside the bubble, there might even have been a bigger bubble. But even with that, ‘Okay, I can’t get into a bubble in New Japan. I can’t get into a bubble in IMPACT. I can’t get into a bubble in Ring of Honor.’ All great places, but wrestling has to be for everybody, It really does. It has to represent everybody. That’s the number one thing is not to just be this single company individually bubbled up basically unaware of what’s out there. Prime example, I’m aware of Jacob Fatu at MLW. I’m aware of these things that are happening in our industry and I think everyone from top to the bottom, Tony Khan at the top, is aware of what’s out there and how perhaps we can connect to it."
WRESTLING NEWS REACTION & DISCUSSION* For late-breaking WWE & AEW news & rumors, follow our social media reporter on Twitter @MattBoone0709
* Follow Rajah owner Rajah Kumar on Twitter @RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah account on Twitter @Rajah_News
* Follow the official Rajah Instagram account at Instagram.com/RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah Facebook page at Facebook.com/RajahWWF
* Join the official Rajah Forums by signing up at Forums.Rajah.com
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official Rajah Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/rajahcom