For those of you who want just the quick results and don't want the details of matches, this is a quick recap of tonight's show. There are spoilers for tonight's show below. The full results can be found right here and you can find our preview over here! Tonight's episode aired live from Austin, Texas' Moody Center ATX.
Friday Night SmackDown Quick Recap for June 24, 2022
Matches Tonight: Five (approx. 31 minutes)
- Money in the Bank Qualifying Match: Shinsuke Nakamura vs "Honorary Bloodline Member" Sami Zayn. Good match that saw Zayn pick up the win. 8:23-8:33pm EST.
- 2-on-1 Handicapped Match: Sonya Deville w/ Xia Li & Shayna Baszler vs Lacey Evans & Raquel Rodriguez. Evans & Rodriguez won; Li & Baszler didn't factor in until after the end of the match. 8:52-8:55pm EST.
- Intercontinental Championship Rematch: Gunther(c) w/ Ludwig Kaiser vs Ricochet. Despite Ricochet's best effort, Gunther retained after a running missile dropkick and powerbomb. 9:14-9:18pm EST.
- Money in the Bank Qualifying Match: Shotzi vs Tamina. Aliyah was originally billed for this match last week, but Tamina filled in (we were informed Aliyah is injured; no details given). Shotzi picked up the surprise win. 9:25-9:27pm EST.
- Money in the Bank Qualifying Tag Team Main Event Match: WWE Undisputed Tag Team Champions the Usos vs Drew McIntyre & Sheamus w/ the Brawling Brutes. If McIntyre & Sheamus win, they'll be added back to the Money in the Bank Ladder match (see below, opening segment). Sheamus & McIntyre picked up the win to be added back to the men's Money in the Bank match. 9:46-9:58pm EST.
Miscellaneous Non-Match Segments of Note:
- Drew McIntyre's Plans for Roman Reigns: After a bunch of back-and-forth words 'tween Sheamus and Drew, WWE Official Adam Pearce announced Heyman used influence to have both men removed from the match as neither man technically won their qualifier. They were then informed that if they team up and defeat the Usos, they'll be added back. 8:07-8:16pm EST.
- Tag Team Dance-Off/Viking Return: the New Day vs Jinder & Shanky. This wasn't an actual match, really, just the New Day encouraging Shanky to dance while Jinder chastised him for dancing. Jinder and Shanky shoved each other, and Mahal walked out. The New Day declared themselves the winner and danced with "the sky-scraping" Shanky as the crowd was for it. Afterwards, the Viking Raiders showed up, turned heel, and left all three men laying out. 8:39-8:45pm EST.
- Ronda Rousey Cosplay Time: Nattie came out dressed as Ronda, complete with a stroller, and made fun of Rousey. Rousey came out and made some harsh jabs back, mocking Natalya's trend of showing cleavage and also stating, in a round-about manner, that Natalya had mutilated herself chasing impossible beauty standards. Damn! 9:02-9:06pm EST.
- Maximum Male Models: Last week, the lighting wasn't right. This week? The dressing room wasn't right. We'll attempt next week--third time's a charm, right?. 9:33-9:34pm EST.
- Women's Money in the Bank Update: Raquel Rodriguez, Alexa Bliss, Asuka, Shotzi, Liv Morgan, and Lacey Evans will be joined by one final, to-be-determined opponent for a seven-woman ladder match.
- Pat McAfee Challenges Happy Corbin: McAfee cut a promo on "Bum Ass" Corbin and challenged him to a match at SummerSlam in Nashville. He then led the crowd in a "bum ass Corbin" cheer and called Corbin a punk. 9:37-9:39pm EST.
- Next Week's Go-Home Edition of SmackDown: Less than 24-hours prior to Money in the Bank, we'll have the five (of seven) announced men's MitB participants. Two men's entrants are TBD.
Commercial Break Tracker: 40 Minutes of Advertisement Time (National Avg. 32 minutes):
- Hour One: Show-Starting Break, 8:00-8:02pm EST. Break 1, 8:16-8:21pm EST. Break 2, 8:25-8:29pm EST. Break 3, 8:35-8:39pm EST. Break 4, 8:46-8:50pm EST. Break 5, 8:57-9:01pm EST.
- Hour Two: Break 6, 9:09-9:12pm EST. Break 7, 9:21-9:24pm EST. Break 8, 9:29-9:33pm EST. Break 9, 9:40-9:44pm EST. Break 10, 9:49-9:52pm EST. Ending Early/Break,9:58-10:00pm EST.
- TOTALS: Hour 1 = 20 minutes; Hour 2 = 20 minutes (40 minutes advertisements total).
By special request, here's an inaugural attempt at tracking how much time is spent on commercials during tonight's episode. All times estimates (ie, not down to the second). *The current industry average is 32 minutes of ad time per two-hour SmackDown. Tonight featured ten commercial breaks totaling 40 minutes of commercials, compared to 31 minutes of match time, leaving 41 minutes of recaps, vignettes, hype, and promos.
Rajah News' Social Media Interaction* For late-breaking WWE & AEW news & rumors, follow the official Rajah News account on Twitter @Rajah_News
* Follow Rajah owner Rajah Kumar on Twitter @RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah Instagram account at Instagram.com/RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah Facebook page at Facebook.com/RajahWWF
* Acknowledge Rajah's results chief Mike Hogan on Twitter.
* Join the official Rajah Forums by signing up at Forums.Rajah.com
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official Rajah Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/rajahcom