WWE dropped the ball in their attempt to revive the ECW brand.
That is the understatement of the year, ain't it?
Gerald Brisco made it, and explained his thoughts on why, during a recent installment of his official podcast with fellow WWE Hall of Fame legend JBL called, "Stories with Brisco & Bradshaw."
Featured below is an excerpt from the show where he touches on this topic.
"We being WWE really blew that. I think that was something I look back on that I see we really blew — we as a company blew it. Because I don’t think any of us really gave it the respect and had the vision that Vince actually had to make it work. Because our early TVs were really good ECW product. Then we started getting, ‘Well, it needs to be slicker, it needs to be this,’ it didn’t need to be any of that stuff except the way we started and the way you guys had it there. So I think we blew that opportunity to really make another competition, another brand that was with the WWE. I think we blew it big time because we wanted to slick it up too much, because the original TV was dark, and we just started messing with it, putting that WWE slickness on it. I think that’s where we started going down with it there."
WRESTLING NEWS REACTION & DISCUSSION* For late-breaking WWE & AEW news & rumors, follow our social media reporter on Twitter @MattBoone0709
* Follow Rajah owner Rajah Kumar on Twitter @RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah account on Twitter @Rajah_News
* Follow the official Rajah Instagram account at Instagram.com/RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah Facebook page at Facebook.com/RajahWWF
* Join the official Rajah Forums by signing up at Forums.Rajah.com
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official Rajah Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/rajahcom