FOX Sports issued the following press release announcing that Renee Young and WWE Hall of Famer Booker T will be the hosts of the Friday Night SmackDown pre-show. The duo will also present an exclusive first-look at the production set for the blue-brand. Check out details below.
Los Angeles – The stars align for the debut of FRIDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN on FOX, and they’re coming down the “blue carpet” outside the Staples Center in Los Angeles for the FRIDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN KICKOFF SHOW on Friday, Oct. 4 at 7:30 PM ET/PT.
To usher in the new era of WWE on FOX, Friday’s kickoff show features a bevy of celebrities, athletes, WWE Superstars and Legends walking the blue carpet ahead of the 20th anniversary of SmackDown.
FOX NFL KICKOFF host and red carpet regular Charissa Thompson is on hand for arrivals and interviews outside the Staples Center, while WWE reporter Kayla Braxton provides exclusive backstage access to Superstars just moments before all the action.
Inside the arena, WWE BACKSTAGE host Renee Young and studio analyst Booker T anchor the desk, welcoming special guests and offering insight and analysis on the upcoming matchups. The duo also exclusively reveals the new set for FRIDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN on FOX.
FRIDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN on FOX begins at 8:00 PM ET/PT.
Rajah.com Social Media Interaction* Follow Rajah head writer Matt Boone on Twitter @MattBoone1984
* Follow the official Rajah account on Twitter @Rajah_News
* Follow Rajah owner Rajah Kumar on Twitter @RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah Instagram account at Instagram.com/RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah Facebook page at Facebook.com/RajahWWF
* Join the official Rajah Forums by signing up at Forums.Rajah.com
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official Rajah Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/rajahcom