Jeff Hardy recently appeared as a guest on the Wrestling Inside the Ropes podcast for an in-depth interview covering all things pro wrestling.
During the discussion, the "Charismatic Enigma" spoke about his journey to returning to the WWE leading up to WrestleMania 33.
Featured below is an excerpt from the interview where he touches on this topic.
It was the craziest thing. It all started with with Matt’s idea of the ‘Expedition of Gold’, and I had no idea what he was talking about when he first brought this up. But we were kind of just following his lead with the Broken Universe stuff. It just led from one set of tag team titles, to another set of tag team titles, to the set of tag team titles, which is the WWE World Tag Team Champions at WrestleMania, and it all just built up to that moment.
Going from TNA, to Ring of Honor, to WWE, where it all kind of started for us, the ‘Expedition of Gold’, and it ended perfectly by becoming the WWE Tag Team Champions. When it comes to high spots and moments in WWE, that’s up there for me. You can get speared 20 feet in there or hanging up there with D-Von Dudley and trying to get the titles, jump off 20 foot ladders. But going out through that curtain that night in Orlando at WrestleMania in 2017, that took it off, and that’s the moment for me, returning to where it all started and to where it hopefully ends.
WRESTLING NEWS REACTION & DISCUSSION* For late-breaking WWE & AEW news & rumors, follow our social media reporter on Twitter @MattBoone0709
* Follow Rajah owner Rajah Kumar on Twitter @RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah account on Twitter @Rajah_News
* Follow the official Rajah Instagram account at Instagram.com/RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah Facebook page at Facebook.com/RajahWWF
* Join the official Rajah Forums by signing up at Forums.Rajah.com
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official Rajah Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/rajahcom