As previously reported, Nixon Newell mentioned during the controversy surrounding her and Miranda Alize’s AEW walkout in November of last year that 2026 would be her final year in the ring.
Recently, Newell participated in a fan Q&A on her Instagram stories and confirmed that this is still her plan. When asked about the timing of her last match, Newell replied, “More than likely in December.”
Newell is best known for her time in WWE as Tegan Nox. She and Alize made headlines in November when they left AEW Collision because they wanted their match to have more time than was initially scheduled.
Following the incident, both wrestlers emphasized that there was no animosity between them and AEW. Newell elaborated, “They text us, ‘All good. No problem. You’re free to go if you’d like.’ It’s a tiny venue. ‘We were like, ‘Let’s make space for people and we’ll head home.’ We were given the go ahead to leave, and we did. I told everyone at the beginning of the year, this is my last two years in wrestling. We’re already a year gone. I want to have fun this last year. It was never a bad thing on anyone’s part. We spoke to all parties involved and all agreed on everything. It was never an ego thing.”
Nixon Newell said her last match will be more than likely in December
(IG) pic.twitter.com/N9s0Dj991D— WrestlePurists (@WrestlePurists) February 16, 2026
