For those of you who want just the quick results and don't want the details of matches, this is a quick recap of tonight's show. There are spoilers for tonight's show below. The full results can be found right here and you can find our preview over here!
WWE NXT Heatwave Quick Recap
Matches Tonight: Five (approx. 59 minutes)
- NXT North American Championship Match: Carmelo Hayes(c) w/ Trick Williams vs Giovanni Vinci. Fantastic match with a hot ending that saw Hayes retain thanks to Williams. 8:07-8:19pm EST.
- Singles Match: Roxanne Perez vs Cora Jade. Decent match that saw Jade win after executing a move onto a foreign object, knocking out Perez (in character, briefly). 8:36-8:45pm EST.
- Singles Special Stipulation Street Fight Match: Santos Escobar vs Tony D'Angelo with the stipulation that an Escobar win frees Legado del Fantasma from the D'Angelo Family whereas an Escobar loss would force Santos to leave NXT. Great street fight that saw a super-hot crowd help back the superstars in putting on a fantastic spectacle. 9:04-9:17pm EST.
- NXT Women's Championship Match: Mandy Rose(c) vs Zoey Stark. Rose retained after removing Stark's protective knee brace, putting it on her own knee, and hitting a running knee (and this was somehow legal). 9:31-9:43pm EST.
- NXT Championship Main Event Match: Bron Breakker(c) vs JD McDonagh. Not gonna lie, didn't think I'd like this match but both men did remarkably. JD shined and nearly pulled the upset, but Bron held on to retain in a great match. 9:53-10:06pm EST.
Miscellaneous Non-Match Segments of Note:
- Creed Ponders...What If?: Julius Creed accused Roderick Strong of being the person out to "get" the Diamond Mine. Just as the Diamond Mine's male staff were about to gang up on Strong, NXT UK's Gallus attacked and beat them as Strong watched on in shock. Then Gallus beat the crap out of Strong, too, to prevent Strong from feeling FOMO. Looks like Julius was wrong. 8:26-8:30pm EST.
- Random Stats: Allotted air time: 120 minutes; broadcast time after commercials: 88 minutes. Wrestling time: 59 minutes. Time not spent on wrestling: a record-low 29 minutes!
- Next Week on NXT 2.0: Lights Out Match: Tiffany Stratton vs Wendy Choo (no rules, everything's legal) in a darkened arena. The debut of "The Grayson Waller Effect," Waller's new show, with his first guest being Apollo Crews. Briggs & Jensen defend their NXT UK Tag Team Championship against Gallus.
Rajah News' Social Media Interaction* For late-breaking WWE & AEW news & rumors, follow the official Rajah News account on Twitter @Rajah_News
* Follow Rajah owner Rajah Kumar on Twitter @RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah Instagram account at Instagram.com/RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah Facebook page at Facebook.com/RajahWWF
* Follow the man, the myth, the legend in his own mind--Mike Hogan on Twitter.
* Join the official Rajah Forums by signing up at Forums.Rajah.com
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official Rajah Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/rajahcom