The October 2nd, 2019 edition of WWE's NXT took place at Full Sail University in Winter Park, FL.
- The season premiere of NXT opens up with a video package narrated by Slipknot's Corey Taylor. He talks about NXT being for wants who want "something more," and welcomes us to NXT.
- Mauro Ranallo welcomes us to Full Sail Live in Winter Park, Florida. He's joined by Nigel McGuinness and Beth Phoenix on commentary. Mauro informs us that the first thirty minutes of tonight's show will be presented commercial-free.
- Matt Riddle vs. Adam Cole (c): Cole's NXT Championship is on the line in this one. Williams Regal is shown backstage before the match. Alicia Taylor does the official ring introductions, and the opening bell sounds. Riddle takes down Cole several times in the opening moments of this one. Riddle looks for an arm bar, but Cole breaks it. Cole starts fighting back until Riddle starts a series of gutwrench suplexes on him. The fight spills out to ringside where Cole starts getting the upper hand.
Cole controls the next several moments of the match, until Riddle starts hulking up with kicks to the head and running strikes in the corner. Riddle hits a suplex, and then the Bro-ton for a 2 count. Riddle looks for the Alabama Slam, but Cole escapes. Riddle keeps the momentum going with a knee strike and a Fisherman's buster for a two count. Riddle hits a German for another two.
Cole fights back now and hits a Backstabber for a two count. They trade srikes in the middle until Riddle hits a German suplex on Cole. Cole comes back with a Ushigoroshi for a two count. Cole hits a bicycle kick and sends Riddle out to ringside. Cole looks for a shot off the apron, but Riddle knocks him out of mid-air. Riddle takes it back in the ring for a Floating Bro, but Cole blocks it with his knees. Cole hits the Panama Sunrise for a two count. Cole takes his knee pad off and looks for a running knee strike on Riddle, but Riddle avoids it. Cole looks for another Sunrise, but Riddle stops him and turns it around into a Bro To Sleep and a powerbomb. Riddle follows up with a knee to the face, then he goes up top. Riddle doesn't get all of the Floating Bro attempt, and Cole kicks out at two.
Riddle goes back up top, but Cole drops him and they fight in the corner now. Cole hits a superkick, then gos up top. Cole hits the Sunrise, but Riddle fights back and applies the Bro-mission. Cole counters and rolls up Riddle for a two count. Riddle puts Cole into the Fujiwara armbar, but Cole rolls him into a pin attempt to break the hold. Riddle goes right back for another armbar, but Cole breaks the hold again and hits an elbow strike on Riddle. Cole immediately follows up with The Last Shot, and covers for the three count.
Winner & still NXT Champion: Adam Cole
- After the match, Cole celebrates in the ring as The Undisputed Era's music hits. The music interrupts and Finn Balor comes out to interrupt. Balor gets a huge pop. Balor stares down Cole and exchange words off-mic. Balor enters the ring and Cole backs out. Cole backs up the ramp, and it looks like Balor is back in NXT.
- They air a video package looking at tonight's NXT Women's Title match between Shayna Baszler and and Candice Lerae. They're both shown backstage warming up.
- The Velveteen Dream comes out to host "The Velveteen Dream Experience" on the stage. Dream welcomes us, and quickly moves on to the subject of North American Champion Roderick Strong. Dream talks trash about Strong and challenges him to a match, and tells him to step out from the shadows of the Undisputed Era. Dream says it'll be "dream over" for Strong soon.
- Lio Rush vs. Cruiserweight Chapion Drew Gulak is announced for next week.
- Io Shirai vs. Mia Yim: The opening bell sounds and Shirai shoves Yim, then Yim takes her down. Yim hits a big boot in the corner for a two count. They fight out to ringside and Yim throws Shirai into the barricade. Yim delivers some chops to the chest, then takes it back in the ring. Shirai fights back and kicks Yim out into the fan barricade. Back in the ring, Yim tries to mount some offense, but Shirai shuts her down with a flapjack. Yim counters a series of moves from Shirai, then Yim drops her. Fans do dueling chants for both women as they get to their feet and trade strikes in the middle of the ring. Yim hits a lariat and a series of kicks for a two count. Yim follows up with more kicks until Shirai fights back with a hurricanrana for a two count. Shirai hits the 619 next, then then hits a missile dropkick for a two count. Yim comes back with the Code Blue for a two count. Shirai rolls outside for a breather, and Yim hits a big suicide dive on her. Back in the ring, Shirai hits a superplex for a two count. Shirai goes back up top and hits a moonsault for the three count.
Winner: Io Shirai
- WWE Hall of Famers Kevin Nash and Scott Hall are shown sitting at ringside.
- The Street Profits and Bianca Belair are shown arriving at the building.
- Mauro introduces a video package looking at Tegan Nox.
- Johnny Gargano vs. Shane Thorne: Gargano starts off strong in the opening moments of this one, until Thorne fires back with some strikes and a slam. Thorne works on keeping Gargano grounded now. Thorne looks for a suplex, but Gargano reverses it and knees him in the head. Gargano mounts a comeback and hits a series of strikes on Thorne. Gargano dumps Thorne out to ringside and looks for a suicide dive, but Thorne meets him at the ropes with an elbow to the face. Gargano runs again and this time he successfully hits the dive on Thorne. Back in the ring, Gargano hits a slingshot spear for a two count. Gargano misses a shot and Thorne starts mounting a comeback now. Thorne hits a kick in the corner and then a cannonball splash. Thorne follows up with a sit-out powerbomb for a two count. Thorne puts the boots to Gargano while he's down until Gargano finally fights up to his feet. Thorne connects with a kick to the back of the head, then Gargano fights back with a lariat. Thorne misses a kick and Gargano drops him with a reverse hurricanrana. Gargano follows up with a superkick for the three count.
Winner: Johnny Gargano
- The broadcast team promotes SmackDown premiering on FOX this Friday.
- Shayna Baszler (c) vs. Candice LeRae: Shayna's NXT Women's Title is on the line in this one. Marina Shafir and Jessamyn Duke come out with Shayna, but they leave before the match starts. The opening bell sounds and both women fire off strikes at each other. LaRae knocks the champion out to ringside early on, then hits a dive on her. Back in the ring, Shayna corners Candice and works her over with strikes. They fight out to ringside again, where Shayna slams LaRae into the ring steps. Shayna puts Candice's hand in the grip hole on the steps and stomps on it. Back in the ring, more strikes from Shayna for a two count. Shayna continues the offense until Candice ducks a shot and dumps Shayna outside. Candice follows up with a dive and knocks Shayna into the barricade. LaRae gets back in the ring and hits another dive on Shayna at ringside, and then a third dive. Back in the ring, Shayna comes back with a suplex.
Shayna continues the offense and applies the Kirifuda Clutch out of nowhere. LaRae turns it around, but Shayna puts her right back in the Clutch in the corner. LaRae escapes and fights back with strikes and a neckbreaker from the top. LaRae pins for a two count. Shayna comes back with another Clutch, but LaRae fights out and drops her. LaRae goes for a moonsault off the top, but misses. Shayna scrambles with LaRae on the mat and locks in the Kirifuda Clutch again. LaRae finally taps out for the finish.
Winner & still Champion: Shayna Baszler
- Shayna celebrates her win, and then we see Stephanie McMahon sitting in the front row. WWE Hall of Famer Mark Henry and Alundra Blayze are sitting next to her.
- The broadcast team promotes this Sunday's WWE Hell In A Cell pay-per-view. Nigel then sends us to a video package looking at the recent angle between Imperium and Kushida.
- WWE UK Champion WALTER is scheduled to be on NXT next week.
- Pete Dunne vs. Danny Burch: They lock up off the opening bell and trade holds. Dunne takes Burch own and starts working on his fingers now. Dunne looks for an armbar, but Burch fights out and applies a crossface. They fight up to their feet and trade strikes again. Burch connects with some forearm strikes to the face, then Dunne fights back with a kick and a German suplex. Dunne stomps on the fingers and boots Burch in the face. Dunne follows up with a sit-out powerbomb for a two count.
Burch rolls Dunne up now for a two count of his own. They brawl in the middle of the ring again until Burch hits a pop-up powerbomb. Burch keeps control with some knee strikes, then pins for a two count. Dunne starts fighting back again with kicks, and starts working on the fingers again. Dunne hits the Bitter End in the middle of the ring for the three count.
Winner: Pete Dunne
- After the match, the lights go out and Damian Priest hits the ring. Priest blindsides Dunne with a right hand, and then hits a spinning neckbreaker. Priest points to his name on the big screen and talks trash to Dunne.
- NXT Champion Adam Cole is backstage for an interview. Cole talks about his cast, which he is required to wear by WWE Doctors, and whether it helped him in his match earlier or not. Cole says "screw Finn Balor," and says he's not worried about Balor. He says tonight he's focused on helping The Undisputed Era keep their Titles.
- The broadcast team hypes up tonight's main event, and sends us to a video package looking at the NXT Titles.
- The Street Profits are shown backstage with rapper Wale. Wale says a few words before they enter the arena and celebrate with the fans. The Street Profits head to the ring now for tonight's main event.
- The Undisputed Era (c) vs. The Street Profits: Dawkins and O'Reilly start this one off, and Dawkins takes control early on. O'Reilly rolls outside to regroup. Back in the ring, Fish and Ford tag in. Fish drops Ford with a big right hand and works him over in the corner now. O'Reilly tags back in and continues the beat down on Ford. O'Reilly takes Ford down and then lays into him with knee drops. Ford starts fighting back, but O'Reilly drops him with more strikes. Fish tags back in and hits a senton for a two count.
Fish takes Ford back into the Era's corner, and the Champions hit a double suplex on Ford for a two count. O'Reilly pounds on Ford now until Ford finally fights him off. Fish tags in and hits a suplex for a two count. O'Reilly tags back in for a double team kick on Ford for another two count. Ford fights off another double team attempt and sends Fish out to the floor, then he hits an Uranage on O'Reilly. Fish knocks Dawkins off the apron so he can't get the hot tag. O'Reilly turns it around on Ford now with rolling suplexes, then Fish tags in for the double team.
Ford finally breaks free and tags in Dawkins. Dawkins cleans house now and drops both Champions. Dawkins hits a spear on Fish and sends him out to ringside. Dawkins hits a big suplex on O'Reilly for a two count. O'Reilly fights back with a knee strike, and then Fish hits a cheap shot from outside. O'Reilly hits a flying knee on Dawkins, then Fish and Ford start going at it, as all four men are in the ring now. When the dust settles, Fish and Ford are the legal men. The Street Profits look for a double team, but The Era avoids it. Dawkins brawls with both Champions at ringside now until Ford runs and leaps out of the ring with a dive on all three. Roderick Strong interferes now, but Dawkins hits a spear on him. This leads to the Champions hitting the High Low on Ford back in the ring, and O'Reilly covers for the three count.
Winners & still Champions: Kyle O'Reilly & Bobby Fish
- The Undisputed Era celebrates in the ring after the match. Adam Cole comes out and raises his Title belt towards his partners in the ring. Tommaso Ciampa's music hits and Ciampa comes out to interrupt. Ciampa comes out to the stage and stares down Cole. NXT goes off the air with Ciampa and Cole face-to-face on the stage.