In the latest effort to cut upto $20 million from WWE's budget, there were massive layoffs this week in Stanford, Connecticut. In a press release issued this week regarding the layoffs, Linda McMahon explained the layoffs (or as she called them, "efficiencies") would help WWE in the longterm by putting htem in a "stronger, more flexible position."
Here's an updated list of this week's casualties:
- 10% of WWE's 600 person office staff, including several longtime managers as well as members of WWE's television production and WWE.com divisions.
- Superstars D-Lo Brown, Bam Neely, Val Venis and Kevin Fertig.
- Agent and former referee Tim White
- Referees Jimmy Korderas, Mike Posey and Kevin Keenan
- Developmental stars Gavin Spears and Mike Kruel
- Vince McMahon's 2 limo drivers