Here are the results of the WWE live event show in Edmonton on Friday:
1. R-Truth def. Bo Dallas via pinfall. Before the match, Dallas trashed Edmonton and so the crowd was solidly behind R-Truth. Good opener. Truth hit the "Lie Detector" for the win.
2. Curtis Axel & Damien Sandow def. The Ascension. Crowd was over huge for Sandow. Ascension got virtually no reaction at all. Axel ended up getting the pin.
3. Natalya def. Alicia Fox via submission. Nattie is always over huge in Edmonton and the crowd popped big when she applied the Sharpshooter for the win.
4. Chris Jericho def. Kevin Owens via pinfall. Owens came out first and cut a terrific promo, saying it was his first time wrestling in Edmonton and then turning on the city, saying the only thing it has going for it is a "big building" (West Edmonton Mall). Jericho then came out and said some nice things about Edmonton. Lots of great mic work from both of them. Owens didn't feel like Edmonton deserved a match and was about to leave but Jericho dragged him back and they wrestled. Jericho hit the Codebreaker for the pin.
Intermission. They showed a video montage for Connor's Cure and how it has helped so many families before Eden threw some t-shirts out into the audience. She had some strong throws!
5. Cesaro def. Luke Harper. Cesaro came out with his ribs taped up. At one point, Cesaro put Harper in the 'Crippler Crossface'...in Edmonton.
6. WWE Tag Team Champions The New Day def. The Prime Time Players. New Day worked the crowd well, and they got a lot of heat but a lot of laughs too. Titus ended up getting pinned after some cheating (I think he got poked in the eye when the ref wasn't watching). Fans cheered for Darren Young & Titus as they left.
7. WWE World Heavyweight & US Champion Seth Rollins def. Roman Reigns in a Street Fight to retain both his titles. Rollins worked the mic continuously throughout the match and announced that he is such a fighting champion that he will put both belts on the line. Crowd was chanting for tables, but Rollins put it away and instead set up a chair and used a kendo stick. Finally, Reigns did spear Rollins through a table. Rollins won the match after Bray Wyatt interfered. Braun Strowman showed up and beat up Reigns too so Damien Sandow and Curtis Axel came down for the save, but they too got destroyed. Finally, Cesaro also ran down and together with Reigns they were able to overcome Strowman. The show ended with Reigns and Cesaro posing for the fans.
Overall, it was a decent show but the absence of many of the top stars was evident as was the significant amount of empty seats. Still, WWE knows how to put on a great show and most everyone probably went home happy.