NXT Takeover: Respect takes place tonight from Full Sail University in Winter Park, Florida. Stay right here throughout the evening as we will be providing quick match play-by-play results of the show.
The show kicks off with an elaborate video package and then we are welcomed to Full Sail University by Rich Brennan, Corey Graves and Byron Saxton as fans chant for Dusty Rhodes.
- Finn Balor and Samoa Joe def. The Mechanics to advance to the finals of the Dusty Rhodes Tag-Team Classic. We went straight to the ring for our first match of the show, which is a Dusty Rhodes Tag-Team Classic semi final, as Finn Balor and Samoa Joe take on The Mechanics. They gave this opener a little time, and had Balor selling his leg throughout. In the end, Joe hit a Muscle Buster and Balor hit the Coupe de Gras for the 1-2-3 to advance.
- Baron Corbin and Rhyno def. Chad Gable and Jason Jordan to advance to the Dusty tourney finals. This match was given a good bit of time as well and had a lot of back-and-forth action, however after a spear from Rhyno and an End Of Days from Baron Corbin, this one was over. Rhyno and Corbin win and advance.
- Asuka def. Dana Brooke in NXT Divas action. The crowd at Full Sail was hot for Asuka throughout the match, and she definitely looked good here on the big stage for what this match was. Dana Brooke got in some offense throughout due to outside help from Emma, who was out at ringside during this one. In the end, Asuka got Brooke in the Asuka Lock -- a crossface chicken wing and body-scissors combo -- for the victory.
- Apollo Crews def. Tyler Breeze in singles competition. This one went a little bit and both guys got in an equal amount of offense, despite the fact that Crews is clearly one of the next projects that management is going to be focusing on. In the end, Crews hit his powerbomb finisher for the 1-2-3 in what was a good match.
- Finn Balor and Samoa Joe def. Baron Corbin and Rhyno in the finals to win the first annual Dusty Rhodes Tag-Team Classic tournament. This match was also given some time and featured a lot of action, double teams and near the end, a lot of saves. Eventually, the team of Balor and Joe were too much for the Corbin-Rhyno duo. After the match, Cody Rhodes came out and presented the official Dusty tournament cup to Balor and Joe. He tells all the fans that for tonight, they are all Rhodes' members. Dusty's music plays, "thank you Dusty" chants echo from the fans and that about does it.
- Bayley def. Sasha Banks in a 30-minute Iron Woman Match to retain the NXT Womens Championship. We see Stephanie McMahon, Lita, Becky Lynch and WWE Divas Champion Charlotte all seated at ringside for this, our main event of the evening. They gave this one the big build up with the lengthy video packages and formal ring introductions in the arena. The NXT Divas made it to the victory lap split 2-2, as Bayley tied things up after starting out down 2 falls to 1. She won two in a row and managed to retain the NXT Women's Championship 3-2 in what was no surprise to the fans -- an excellent effort by Sasha Banks and Bayley to headline NXT Takeover: Respect. Like NXT Takeover: Brooklyn, when this was done it felt like the main event, but unlike Brooklyn, tonight, it actually was.