As noted, Paul "Triple H" Levesque and Stephanie McMahon was in California earlier this week doing promotional work ahead of WWE's upcoming RAW 25th Anniversary show later this month.
One of the stops the two made was at the Television Critics Association Winter Tour event on Tuesday, where Triple H and Stephanie McMahon took questions from those in attendance.
The folks from The Wrap asked HHH if there is any type of exception in WWE's strict policy that would allow SmackDown General Manager Daniel Bryan return to the ring to compete again.
"There can be no exception medically," Triple H said. "If the belief is that he's not healthy enough and there's a risk [for him] to perform, then I don't know why you'd allow him to step into the ring unless it can be proven otherwise. There will be no exceptions. We have some of the best medical people in the world that work for us. Our wellness policy, our concussion programming, our protocols — I'll put them up there against any on the planet."
Triple H continued, "That is a new science in a way, too. So we're gonna look at it from all aspects, but the medical experts will make the determination as to whether he can ever step into that ring or not. Look, personally for him, I know it would be something he would love to do, and part of me feels like I hope he has that opportunity. But at the same point in time, he's married and has a child. Certainly, [we put] the human being first."
Daniel Bryan, who as noted, currently serves as WWE's on-air General Manager for the SmackDown Live brand, last wrestled in April of 2015. He announced his in-ring retirement from pro wrestling in February of 2016, however since that moment, he has talked on multiple occasions about his desire -- and intentions -- to possibly return to the ring for another match before all is said and done.