The February 20th edition of WWE SmackDown Live took place at the Talking Stick Resort Arena in Phoenix, AZ.
- WWE Champion AJ Styles comes down to the ring to kick off this week's episode of SmackDown. AJ steps in the ring with Renee Young for an interview, and talks about being in control of his own destiny heading to WrestleMania. AJ says he feels like he can beat anyone who steps in the ring with him, and he'll back it up. AJ says the Fatal 5 Way at Fastlane is a problem because someone else in the match could get pinned and cost him the WWE Title. Baron Corbin comes out to interrupt, and says he has AJ's number and AJ knows it. Corbin says he's going to enjoy winning the WWE Title at Fastlane, whether he pins AJ or someone else. Owens comes out to the stage to interrupt, and says he's not impressed by Corbin trying to sound tough. Corbin and Owens trade insults, and then Owens also adds that Sami Zayn let him down last week. Owens says Shane has a vendetta against him ever since he headbutted Vince, and Owens feels he will never get a fair shot on SmackDown. Shane McMahon comes out next to interrupt. Shane books Corbin vs. AJ for later tonight, and then also books Owens vs. Dolph Ziggler up next. Ziggler comes out and walks down to the ring as Owens argues with Shane.
- Kevin Owens vs. Dolph Ziggler: Owens and Ziggler start trading punches right off the opening bell. Ziggler tackles Owens, then they get up and Ziggler connects with a dropkick. The fight spills outside where Ziggler throws Owens into the ring apron and fan barricades. Back in the ring, Owens comes back with strikes and starts turning it around, until Ziggler dropkicks Owens. Owens falls to the outside and Ziggler follows him out. Owens reverses a shot on Ziggler and whips him into the ring apron corner. Back inside the ring, Owens misses a senton, and Ziggler hits him with a splash in the corner. Ziggler hits a vertical suplex on Owens next, and then he attempts a splash in the corner, but Owens dodges and Ziggler crashes alone. Owens takes Ziggler outside and whips him into the barricade, then Owens yells at the announcers. Owens takes Ziggler back in the ring and continues beating on him, until Ziggler finally comes back with a DDT out of nowhere. Ziggler follows up with an elbow to the face, then Owens misses a spear in the corner. Ziggler hits a neckbreaker for a two count on Owens. Zigger looks for the superkick, but Owens dodges it and hits a gutbuster, then a flying elbow drop for two count. They fight up to the top rope, and Owens shoves Ziggler off. Owens goes for a swanton bomb, but Ziggler blocks it with his knees. Ziggler follows up with Fameasster for a two count. Owens looks for the Pop Up Powerbomb, but Ziggler escapes and hits the Zig Zag for another two count. Ziggler sets up Owens in the corner and charges, but Sami Zayn's music hits and distracts Ziggler. Sami starts running down the ramp, and then Owens superkicks Ziggler in the back of the head. Zayn stops at ringside as Owens pins Ziggler for the three count.
Winner: Kevin Owens
- Owens gets his hand raised as Sami heads backstage and smiles.
- Jinder Mahal is shown arriving backstage with one of the Singh Brothers. Jinder looks to be walking towards the gorilla position.
- Jinder is out to the ring next for a promo. He starts trashing both Randy Orton and Bobby Roode, until Roode comes out to interrupt. Roode gets in Jinder's face, and then Randy Orton comes out to interrupt too. Orton and Roode both take out Jinder, then Orton goes for an RKO on Roode, but Roode blocks it. Roode answers with a Glorious DDT on Orton, then he tells Orton he got him this time. Roode is about to pose for the fans, then Jinder runs in and hits the Khallas on Roode. Jinder yells down at Roode and Orton on the mat before leaving.
- Daniel Bryan is backstage with Shane McMahon. Bryan says he thinks Roode should defend the U.S. Title against Jinder at Fastlane. Shane thinks Roode should defend against Orton. Bryan and Shane argue a bit about their difference of opinions on that, and the WWE Title picture. Shane says he's making the final call that Roode will defend against Orton this Sunday.
- Charlotte, Becky & Naomi vs. Sarah Logan, Liv Morgan and Ruby Riott: Naomi fires up on Sarah with a series of kicks, then Becky comes in for more offense. The heels start running in, but Charlotte and Naomi stop them and clean house. The dust settles and Ruby and Becky are going at it now. Liv and Naomi tag in, and Naomi goes a split-legged moonsault, but Ruby and Logan pull their parter out of the way to safety. Naomi jumps down onto everyone on the floor, but Liv gets up and throws her into the ring steps. Liv takes Naomi in the ring for a two count, then tags in Logan. Logan works on keeping Naomi grounded now, and hits some big strikes in the corner. Naomi finally fights away and hits a head scissors Charlotte gets the tag and cleans house. Charlotte hits a neckbreaker and a big boot to Logan. Charlotte goes to knock Liv off the apron again, but Logan takes out Charlotte's knee from behind. After some more back and forth brawling in the ring, the aprons clear and chaos unfolds. It comes down to Ruby and Becky in the ring, and Ruby hits the Riott Kick for the three count.
Winners: the Riott Squad
- The Riott Squad celebrates their win at ringside and taunts Charlotte.
- Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn meet backstage. Owens goes to thank Sami, but Sami says no need and instead thanks Owens. Sami says things have been rocky between them lately, but now Owens is where he belongs in the main event. Sami says he supports Owens going for the WWE Title again. Sami thinks they should take out of the other competitors in Sunday's Fatal 5 Way together, and then Sami says he will do the right thing and lay down for Owens so he can reclaim the WWE Title. They hug on it, but Owens seems confused by Sami's generosity.
- The New Day is shown backstage throwing out pancakes to people.
- The New Day vs. Chad Gable & Shelton Benjamin: This match is to determine the #1 contenders for the Tag Titles. Woods and Gable start off, and Shelton quickly tags in and hits a spinebuster on Woods for a two count. Benjamin and Woods fight up top, and Woods headbutts Shelton down. Woods follows up with a missile dropkick, then Big E gets the tag. Gable tags in too, as Big E starts cleaning house. After some more back and forth brawling, and an attempted interference by Kofi, Woods gets the pin on Shelton.
Winners: The New Day
- After the match, The New Day starts celebrating their upcoming title shot and handing out pancakes, but The Bludgeon Brothers interrupt. They walk right past The New Day to the ring, to get ready for their match up next.
- We see Charlotte backstage, who does an interview saying she'll put her title on the line just to get her hands on Ruby.
- The Bludgeon Brothers vs. Enhancement talent: Rowan and Harper immediately hit big dropkicks to start off. They take the jobbers out to ringsde for some punishment, then back in the ring for more. The Brothers hit the double team slam for the three count.
Winners: The Bludgeon Brothers
-We see Ruby's response to Charlotte backstage. Ruby challenges Naomi to a match next week instead, but says she hasn't forgotten about Charlotte. Ruby challenges Charlotte to a Title match at Fastlane, and says that's where Charlotte's world will come crumbling down.
- The announcers promote the upcoming Elimination Chamber PPV on the WWE Network, and then we see a video package about Shinsuke Nakamura.
- AJ Styles vs. Baron Corbin: This one is a non-title match. Dolph Ziggler is shown watching backstage. Corbin hits a big lariat early on for a two count. Corbin looks for a spear in the corner, but AJ moves and Corbin hits the ring post. Corbin and AJ brawl at ringside until Corbin tries to throw AJ into the announce table, but AJ slides over it and isn't hurt. Corbin rolls back in the ring, and AJ runs over to the apron and hits a springboard punch off the top rope. Corbin takes control again now and tries to keep AJ grounded. He takes AJ into the corner and lays into him with punches, then takes him to the top turnbuckle. AJ escapes, but Corbin comes right back with a Deep Six for a two count. AJ comes back with a Calf Crusher, but Corbin reaches the ropes to break the hold. Corbin tries to mount a comeback, but AJ decks him, and then springboards off the top rope for a Phenomenal Forearm on Corbin. AJ pins and gets the three count.
Winner: AJ Styles
- After the match, as AJ is celebrating his win, Owens and Zayn run down and start attacking AJ. Owens and Sami look to put AJ through the announce table, but Corbin grabs Sami and hits the Deep Six on him. Owens charges Corbin, but Corbin catches Owens with a Deep Six too. Corbin stands tall over Owens and Zayn, then limps to the back as SmackDown goes of the air.