The April 30th edition of WWE RAW aired live from the Bell Center in Montreal, Quebec and was the go-home RAW episode for Sunday's Backlash pay-per-view.
- RAW opens up with a video package looking at the Greatest Royal Rumble last week.
- Michael Cole welcomes us to the Bell Center, and Roman Reigns immediately comes out and heads to the ring. As Reigns steps in the ring, Michael Cole shows us a message from a WWE referee who claims he made the wrong call in declaring Brock Lesnar the winner at Royal Rumble. Reigns gets on the mic and points out the referee's error. Reigns pauses for a "Roman sucks" chant from the crowd, then says he should be the Universal Champion right now. Reigns says Lesnar is gone now, so he's going to turn his attention to another man, the man he will face at Backlash. Samoa Joe then appears on the big screen and gets a pop from the Montreal crowd. Joe says he's going to put Roman's downward spiraling career to sleep on Sunday. Jinder Mahal's music hits to interrupt. Jinder and Sunil Singh comes out to the stage and starts talking trash to Reigns. Reigns says Jeff Hardy cheated him too, but you don't hear Jinder complaining. Jinder thinks Reigns lost fair and square to Lesnar, and on Sunday he will lose to Joe. Jinder then speaks in his language to his people, and then Sami Zayn comes out to interrupt. Sami gets a hometown crowd reaction and he briefly speaks French to the crowd. Sami says he was sick and couldn't make the Greatest Royal Rumble, but he's feeling a lot better tonight.
Sami says tonight he wants to make things better in his hometown by facing Roman Reigns tonight. Kevin Owens comes out to interrupt next and also gets a big pop from the Montreal fans. Owens also speaks in his language to his people, and the crowd starts a "Oui" chant. Owens says everyone knows Sami can beat Roman Reigns, but tonight what people want to see is Reigns vs. Kevin Owens. Owens says since they all want a piece of Reigns, they'll survey the crowd. Sami gets cheered, Jinder gets booed, and Owens also gets cheered. Owens thinks his was the loudest, and he steps up to Reigns. Reigns decks Owens with a right hand, and then Sami and Jinder start beating on Reigns. The crowd chants the four-on-one beat down of Reigns by Jinder, Sami, Kevin, and Sunil. Bobby Lashley runs in for the save but he's outnumbered and overpowered. Braun Strowman comes out for the save next, and he and Lashley clear the ring. Strowman picks up Sunil and throws him on to Jinder, Kevin and Sami at ringside. Strowman, Reigns and Lashley stand tall then head to the back.
- Still to come: Natalya (with Ronda Rousey) vs. Mickie James (with Alexa Bliss)
- Elias is backstage drinking what we're told is a "special tea" from Saudi Arabia.
- During the commercial break Kurt Angle books a six-man tag: Roman Reigns, Braun Strowman & Bobby Lashley vs. Jinder Mahal, Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn
- Elias is in the ring for his Walk With Elias catch phrase, and he asks the crowd how many people saw the Greatest Royal Rumble which gets little-to-no response from the crow. Elias tells the fans to shut their mouths and he sings a song, but gets interrupted by Bobby Roode. Roode makes his way down to the ring, and we have a match.
- Bobby Roode vs. Elias: Roode and Elias trade holds in the opening moments. Roode takes control in the corner and hits some chops on Elias. Roode hits a Blockbuster off the midddle rope, and Elias rolls outside for a breather. Roode follows him outside and they trade blows on the floor before rolling back inside. Elias drops Roode's neck over the top rope and then works on keeping Roode grounded. Roode fights his way up and they trade strikes now. Elias slams Roode then mule kicks him for a two count. Roode fires up with a series of clotheslines, then hits a spinebuster on Elias for a two count. They fight up to the top turnbuckle, and Roode headbutts Elias down. Roode follows up with a flying clothesline and drops Elias. Roode looks for the Glorious DDT, but Elias escapes. They trade roll-up attempts, then they fight out to the apron. Elias decks Roode with a right hand, then slams his head into the ring post. Roode is selling a neck injury on the floor, and medics come down to check on Roode. Elias gets on the mic and declares himself winner, despite no official decision from the referee yet. Elias heads to the back with his hands raised as Roode is still selling an injury at ringside.
Winner: No contest
- During the commercial break, EMT's helped Roode to the backstage area.
- The Authors of Pain vs. John Paul & Francois: The Authors are up against some local enhancement talent. The jobbers do an interview backstage with Charly Caruso where they speak some french. Rezar starts off with a big boot on Francois, then John Paul tags in. John throws some right hands, but Rezar drops him with a right hand, and then tags in Akam. They do the Super Collider on the jobbers, and then the Last Chapter on John Paul for the win.
Winners: The Authors of Pain
- The Authors cut a promo after the match about the Book of Pain, and they say there will be a chapter for every team on RAW.
- Michael Cole shows some positive reviews about the Greatest Royal Rumble last week.
- Seth Rollins comes down to the ring and soaks up the huge pop from the crowd. The crowd gets several chants going and he then thanks the fans in French. Seth talks about the long trip back from Saudi Arabia, and he had lots of time to think. Rollins says he had time to reflect on what kind of Champion he wants to be -- and he wants to be nothing like Brock Lesnar. Rollins says Lesnar isn't even the legitimate Champion because Reigns' feet hit first. Rollins says he doesn't want to be a Champion like Brock who only shows up when it's convenient and the price is right. Rollins wants to be a fighting champion. Finn Balor's music hits and he comes out to interrupt. Balor gets on the mic and steps in the ring. Balor takes issue with Rollins only beating him by "this much" in their ladder match last week. Balor and Rollins get in each other's faces, and then Bo Dallas and Curtis Axel interrupt. Axel and Dallas come down wearing shirts with Balor and Rollins' faces on them. Axel and Dallas try to recruit them to form a new stable -- the Four Horsemen of the WWE. Balor and Rollins appear to reject them, and Dallas and Axel go to walk away. They turn around and sneak-attack Rollins and Balor. Rollins and Balor fight them off and clear the ring. Balor then grabs Rollins from behind and hits an inverted DDT on him. Balor heads back up the ramp as Rollins recovers in the ring.
- Still to come in a six-man main event: Roman Reigns, Braun Strowman & Bobby Lashley vs. Jinder Mahal, Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn
- We see a replay of Titus tripping and falling at Greatest Royal Rumble.
- Up next: Sasha Banks vs. Ruby Riott (with the Riott Squad)
- Sasha Banks does an interview on the way to the ring to promote her upcoming match.
- Sasha Banks vs. Ruby Riott: The Riott Squad is at ringside in Ruby's corner. Sasha starts off strong and sends her into the corner. Sasha hits a flying arm drag, and then keeps Ruby grounded with a shoulder lock. Bayley is shown backstage watching on a monitor. Ruby and Sasha get tired up in the ropes, and after the ref pulls them apart Ruby hits a boot to the face. Ruby now works over Sasha in the corner and lays into her with right hands. Sasha comes back with a Thesz Press and then beats on Ruby in the corner. Sasha continues to work on Ruby's arm and then sends her outside. Ruby takes a breather and then gets back in the ring and goes after Sasha. Ruby takes her down and rubs Sasha's face in the mat. Sasha comes back with a splash off the middle rope for a two count. They fight in the corner and Ruby drops her then hits a senton bomb for a two count. Sasha comes back with a backstabber, but Sarah Logan distracts the ref. This leads to Sasha dropping Ruby again and then Liv Morgan at ringside. A distraction back in the ring from Logan leads to Ruby hitting the Riott Kick on Sasha for the win.
Winner: Ruby Riott
- We see replays and Ruby and the Riott Squad all head to the back.
- Alexa Bliss cuts a pre-taped promo about a trip to Disney World with Nia Jax. She paints Nia as a bully again and says Nia made fun of her for being small. She talks about Nia having a turkey leg in each hand laughing.
- Titus does an interview backstage about falling at the Greatest Royal Rumble. He makes a joke about Jennifer Lawrence at the Oscars a few years ago. He says he hopes his situation inspires others, and then Baron Corbin interrupts. Corbin makes fun of Titus for falling and says he's a waste of time. Titus says that's ok and smiles.
- The announcers talk about Matt Hardy and Bray Wyatt, and then we go to a pre-taped promo with the Woken ones. Matt talks about his and Bray's stories, and then they appear and tell everyone to "run."
- Michael Cole talks about Ronda Rousey's friendship with Natalya, and shows a replay of Ronda saving Natalya last week from Mickie James.
- Roman Reigns, Braun Strowman & Bobby Lashley vs. Jinder Mahal, Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn: The opening bell sounds and this one turns into an all-out brawl early on. Some of the action spills out to the ringside floor. The fans are clearly behind Owens and Zayn in this one and they cheer every time they throw a punch. The referee restores order and Reigns starts beating on Sami in the ring. Lashley and Jinder tag in now and start going at it. Lashley beats on Jinder in the corner and looks for a suplex, but Jinder fights out. They fight into the corner and Sami tags back in and puts the boots to Lashley. Lashley comes back with a shot in the corner, and then he goes for his stalling vertical suplex on Sami. Owens runs in and boots Lashley to break it up, then Owens tags in. Owens gets a big pop as he stomps a mud hole in Lashley. Jinder comes in and works over Lashley, then Owens comes back in and applies a side headlock to Bobby. Lashley fights up and hits a facebuster on Owens. Reigns and Zayn tag in now and Reigns levels him with clotheslines. Reigns hits a series of clothesline on Sami in the corner. Reigns follows up with a running big boot on Sami, then Reigns looks out at the crowd. Sunil tries to get involved, but Reigns grabs him and throws him outside. Owens tags in and hits a DDT on Reigns for a two count.
Sami comes back in and tries to keep Reigns grounded. Reigns tries to fight up, but Owens tags in and hits a Vader Bomb on him for a two count. Owens mounts Reigns and pummels on him, then tags Sami back in and continues beating on the Big Dog. Owens comes back in but Reigns fights him off. Reigns hits a Superman punch, and both he and Owens are down. Jinder runs in and knocks Lashley off the apron, bu then Reigns hits a Samoan Drop on Jinder. Strowman gets the hot tag and cleans house. Strowman clotheslines Jinder down, then runs around ringside and tackles Sami and Owens. Strowman misses a shot in the corner and Sami looks for the Heluva Kick, but Lashley intercepts him and suplexes Sami. Jinder drops Lashley, then Reigns spears Jinder. Owens boots down Reigns and Braun. Owens looks for the running cannonball on Strowman, but Strowman gets up and grabs him. Strowman hits the running powerslam for the three count.
Winners: Roman Reigns, Braun Strowman & Bobby Lashley
- Strowman celebrates the win with Reigns and Lashley in the ring as Owens and Sami recover on the ramp.
- Still to come: No Way Jose vs. Baron Corbin
- Baron Corbin comes out to the stage and gets on the stage. He talks about how a wise man once said if you want to make money you can't be funny. Corbin trashes Titus for falling and looking stupid, and he says No Way Jose is the same with his dumb conga line. Corbin says they make him want to puke. Corbin says he makes money by cracking people in the teeth, and no one will be laughing after Corbin beats them. No Way Jose comes out with the conga line to interrupt, and we have a match.
- Baron Corbin vs. No Way Jose: Jose starts off throwing punches, but Corbin shuts him down with a lariat. Jose comes back with a big boot and an elbow to the face. Jose goes up top and misses a splash. Corbin throws Jose into the ring post, and then Titus' music hits and he comes out to interrupt. Titus is with Apollo Crews and Dana Brooke, and they walk down to the ring. Titus carefully walks down the ramp and makes usre not to trip this time. Titus goes to step in the ring, but he falls off the apron and down on to the floor. Corbin is distracted by the whole spectacle, which leads to Jose rolling up Corbin from behind for the three count.
Winner: No Way Jose
- Jose, Titus, Apollo, Dana and the conga dancers celebrate the win on the ramp. Corbin is not happy.
- We see a new Make-A-Wish commercial with John Cena.
- Mickie James vs. Natalya: Alexa Bliss and Ronda Rousey are both at ringside for this one. Natalya starts off strong, but Mickie comes back with a shot in the corner. Mickie slams Natalya into the middle turnbuckle and then kicks her while she's down for a two count. Natalya comes back and drops Mickie, then looks for the Sharpshooter. Alexa distracts her, and Mickie drops Natalya from behind. Ronda walks over and chases Alexa around the ring. Ronda and Alexa continue to run around the ring, and inside the ring Natalya rolls up Mickie for the three count after a short match.
- Ronda gets in the ring and helps Natalya up. As Alexa heads up the ramp, Nia Jax's music hits and Nia chases her down the ramp. Alexa runs through the crowd, and Nia gets in the ring to raise Ronda and Natalya's hands. We go to the announcers who promote Sunday's Backlash PPV.
- Coming up: Seth Rollins vs. Finn Balor
- We see a promo video for Samoa Joe vs. Roman Reigns this Sunday at Backlash.
- They show a selfie video from Drew McIntye and Dolph Ziggler. Drew talks about deserving to be in WWE, and Dolph says the rest of the roster should be really afraid right now.
- Finn Balor vs. Seth Rollins (c): Rollin' Intercontinental Title is on the line in this one. The fight spills outside early on and Rollins hits a suicide dive on the floor. Back in the ring, Rollins whips Balor into the corner and then lays into him with strikes. Balor and Rollins exchange chops to the chest, then Balor hits two boots to the head. Rollins comes back with a Blockbuster, then he follows up with a running forearm shot and a facebuster. Rollins hits a spingboard flying clothesline and Balor rolls outside for a breather. Balor hits a suicide dive, and then goes for a second one, but Balor blocks it with a boot to the face. Back in the ring, Balor follows up with a DDT for a two count. Rollins looks for a sling bladed, but Balor evades it and hits a dropkick. Balor hits some chops to the chest of Rollins. It looks like Balor's cut on his eye from the Greatest Royal Rumble has opened up again. Rollins comes back with the sling blade and a knee to the face. Rollins hits a kick, and Balor fires back with an elbow to the face. Rollins misses a springboard shot, and Balor drops him and hits a double foot stomp.
Balor hits a kick to the head of Rollins, and then goes up top. Balor looks for the Coup De Grace, but Rollins knocks him down. Rollins goes up top and grabs Balor for a superplex, but Balor fights him off and knocks Rollins down. Rollins runs back up the turnbuckle and grabs Balor again, and this time Rollins successfully hits the Superplex. Balor no-sells it gets up and hits the Falcon Arrow for a two count. Balor looks for a reverse DDT, but Rollins fights out. Rollins and Balor trade kicks. Balor misses the coup de grace and Rollins answers with a kick. Rollins misses the curb stomp and they trade roll up pin attempts. Balor hits a sling blade and Rollins is down. Rollins comes back with a superkick and both men are down again. Rollins hits another superkick for the three count.
Winner & still Intercontinental Champion: Seth Rollins
- We go to replays while Rollins celebrates and Balor slowly recovers. Rollins holds his IC Title belt on his shoulder as RAW goes off the air.