The May 21st edition of WWE RAW aired live from the Times Unions Center in Albany, NY.
- RAW GM Kurt Angle comes out to the ring to kick off this week's episode of RAW. Kurt starts running down what's in store for the women's division coming up, including Ronda Rousey challenging for Nia Jax's Women's Championship. Stephanie McMahon comes out to interrupt. Stephanie steps in the ring as the fans chant "you tapped out." Stephanie says she did tap out, and she then starts talking to Kurt about his performance on the job. Stephanie accuses Kurt of letting his emotions get in the way, so Stephanie will personally preside over the contract signing between Ronda and Nia.
Stephanie starts cutting a promo Kurt for letting his emotions get the best of him in dealing with Roman Reigns. And with that, Reigns comes out to interrupt. Reigns steps in the ring and Stephanie says Reigns needs to stop letting his "Samoan temper" get the better of him. Kevin Owens comes out to the stage to interrupt. Owens has a mic with him, and he thanks Reigns for taking out Jinder Mahal last night, allowing Owens to take his spot in the Money In The Bank match. Owens walks into the ring and says he actually likes Reigns, and he tries to lead the crowd in a "thank you Roman" chant.
Kevin starts sucking up to Stephanie and leans his arm on her. Stephanie tells Owens to never touch her again, but he was right about one thing -- she does what's best for business and doesn't play favorites. Stephanie says Owens and Reigns are going to settle their issues in the ring -- and that's going to happen right now. Reigns smiles and Owens protests, as Stephanie and Kurt leave the ring and the ref hops in.
- Kevin Owens vs. Roman Reigns: Owens starts off strong, but Reigns levels him with an uppercut and takes control. Reigns throws Owens to the outside and follows him out. Reigns throws a chop but Reigns no-sells it and drops Owens with a right hand on the floor. Reigns takes Owens back in the ring, but Owens goes right back outside for another breather. Reigns follows him out again and misses the Drive-By, and Owens capitalizes and takes Reigns back in the ring. Reigns fires up and hits some clotheslines in the corner. Owens fights back and charges, but Reigns hits a Superman punch out of nowhere. The fight spills outside again and then Jinder Mahal runs in out of nowhere. The ref calls for the DQ, and Seth Rollins runs in for the save.
Winner: No Contest
- This one gets turned into a tag match during the commercial break.
- Kevin Owens & Jinder Mahal vs. Seth Rollins & Roman Reigns: Jinder and Owens start this one off strong and they take turns double teaming The Big Dog. Seth finally gets the hot tag and cleans house. Seth goes for a suicide dive on Jinder, but Owens grabs his feet and blocks it, so Seth drops Owens first. Seth then follows up with a suicide dive on Jinder on the other side of the ring. Seth brings Jinder back in the ring, then goes up top and hits the Blockbuster. Seth looks for the curb stomp now, but Sunil Singh gets on the apron for the distraction. Seth turns around into a shot from Jinder for the two count. Jinder looks for the Khallas, but Seth kicks him down. Owens tags in and blocks a shot from Rollins, then follows up with a gut buster. Owens hits a flying elbow drop, but Reigns breaks it up. Reigns drops Jinder, but then Owens superkicks Reigns down. Owens looks for a Pop Up Powerbomb, but Seth escapes and hits a superkick and then the curb stomp for the win.
Winners: Seth Rollins & Roman Reigns
- After the match, Jinder comes back out of nowhere on the ramp and beats down Seth and Reigns. Jinder beats on them with a steel chair and stands over Reigns' body on the ramp. Jinder leaves and Reigns and Rollins slowly get to their feet, and referees help them to the back.
- We get a look back at Bobby Lashley's interview about his sisters.
- Sami Zayn comes down to the ring and gets on the mic. Sami brings up Lashley and his sisters. Sami introduces "Bobby Lashley's sisters." Three individuals come out to the stage, who appear to be men in women's dresses and wigs. The three "sisters" get in the ring, and Sami starts interrogating them about their childhoods with Lashley. His "sisters" start describing Lashley as a violent, horrible person, and they say he was lying last week about loving his sisters. As they continue talking about Lashley being a bad kid, Lashley's music hits and the former TNA Champion comes out to interrupt. Lashley comes down to the ring and steps in, walking past his fake sisters. Lashley steps in the ring and makes fun of his fake sisters. Lashley says Sami is hilarious and a great friend, and he thanks Sami for doing this for him. Sami gets sick of Bobby mocking him, and says he should kick Bobby in the face like a piece of garbage, because that's what Bobby's family thinks of him -- he's garbage. Sami goes to run and Bobby grabs him, but then his fake sisters jump in and they all stomp on Bobby. Lashley fights back and decks Sami, and then decks the fake sisters. Lashley clears the ring while Sami yells at him from the ramp. Sami retreats up the ramp as Lashley poses on the corner.
- We go to the announcers, who show us footage from the NBC Universal media event last week of Nia Jax challenging Ronda Rousey, and Ronda accepting.
- Renee Young is backstage with Alexa Bliss for an interview about Ember Moon. Alexa says the element of surprise is the greatest weapon, and Alexa didn't even know who Ember Moon was last week. Alexa is out for a match with Moon next.
- Ember Moon vs. Alexa Bliss: Mickie James is at ringside in Alexa's corner for this one. They lock up off the opening bell and Alexa slams Ember down by the hair. Alexa stomps on Ember now, then taunts the crowd as Ember recovers. Ember hits a cross body on Alexa and sends her outside. Ember follows her outside and hits a hurricanrana on Bliss, then Ember gets distracted by Mickie. Alexa comes back and Slams ember from behind into the fan barricade. Back in the ring, Bliss works on the shoulder and keeps Moon grounded. Moon tries to mount a comeback, but Bliss slams her down. Moon finally comes back with a dropkick, but the ref gets distracted by Bliss and Mickie gets in the ring. The ref turns around and sees her, and he ejects Mickie from ringside. Moon drops Mickie, then Bliss rolls Moon up from behind for a two count. Moon fights Alexa off and then hits the Eclipse for the three count.
Winner: Ember Moon
- Moon celebrates her win on the corner as Bliss recovers.
- Stephanie McMahon is backstage when Finn Balor walks in, and then Braun Strowman, and they're looking for Kurt Angle. Stephanie says this was Kurt's office, but he was nice enough to let her borrow it for the night. Stephanie has made a few changes, including a photo of Vince McMahon on display. Balor and Strowman want a rematch against Dolph Ziggler and Drew McIntyre, but Stephanie doesn't seem receptive to the idea. Stephanie reminds them they'll be against each other at Money In The Bank, and she says Balor should blame Strowman for their loss last night. Stephanie books Balor vs. Strowman in a singles match tonight, and Strowman crushes an apple in his hand.
- No Way Jose vs. Baron Corbin: Jose comes out with his conga line. The opening bell sounds, and Jose unloads on Corbin. Jose blocks a shot and takes Corbin out on the floor. Corbin comes back off the apron and drops Jose, then stomps on him. Corbin brings it back in the ring and beats on Jose in the corner. Joe comes back with a kick and then slams Corbin down for a two count. Jose waits for Corbin to get up as he looks for the knockout punch, but Corbin counters it. Corbin follows up with a Deep Six, and then the End of Days for the three count.
Winner: Baron Corbin
- Corbin stands tall over Jose after the match as his music plays.
- Kurt Angle is backstage trying to get cell phone service, when he gets interrupted by Chad Gable. Angle and Gable chat about Gable possibly being in a Money In The Bank qualifying match, but then Drew McIntyre and Dolph Ziggler walk in. Drew talks about beating Balor and Strowman last week, and says they'd love to do it again, but those decisions are above Angle's pay grade now. They make some jokes about Kurt not being in his office anymore, and they mock Gable too. Gable says they aren't as special as they think they are, and Drew steps up top Gable. Angle gets between them, and says they'll settle it in the ring tonight. Drew and Ziggler walk off, and Angle calls them jackasses.
- We see a pre-taped promo from Tyler Breeze and Fandango making fun of The B Team's custom t-shirts made with Sharpies. Breeze says they'll prove that there is only room for one b-team on RAW.
- The B Team vs. Breezango: The opening bell sounds and Breeze an Axel start things off. Breeze takes control, and Axel rolls outside to regroup with Dallas. Back in the ring, Axel tags in and Breeze drops him for a two count. Fandango tags in and they double team Bo. Axel gets the tag and The B Team double-teams Fandango, which leads to Axel scoring the pin on Fandango out of nowhere.
Winners: The B Team
- After the match, Axel and Dallas go wild celebrating all the way up the ramp. They celebrate over to the announce table and high-five everyone, then they continue celebrating back at ringside.
- Stephanie McMahon comes out to the ring for the contract signing between Women's Champion Nia Jax and Ronda Rousey. Stephanie says the world was shocked by Nia's "challenge heard around the world" to Ronda. She hypes up their Title match at Money In The Bank, and then introduces the Champion first. Nia Jax comes out to the ring, and then Ronda Rousey comes out next. Stephanie tries to instigate some heat between Nia and Ronda, saying that there are women more deserving than Ronda, and then Stephanie eventually brings up people calling Nia "lazy." Nia gets up and says she's tired of people always calling her lazy, and declares she will beat Ronda at Money In The Bank. Nia signs the contract and stands up. Ronda signs and stands up, then moves the table aside, and then goes to shake Nia's hand. Nia shakes, and Ronda says she's going to take both the Women's Title, and Nia's arm. They step closer and have a stare-down as Ronda's music hits and we go to commercial.
- Chad Gable vs. Dolph Ziggler: Back from commercial, this one is already underway. McIntyre is at ringside in Ziggler's corner. Gable takes down Ziggler early and wrestles him down to the mat. Ziggler turns it around and hits a dropkick, then keeps Gable grounded. Ziggler continues to work over Gable until Gable takes him down and rolls him up for a two count. Ziggler gets up and starts working over Gable's knee. Ziggler blocks a German suplex attempt, and follows up with a neckbreaker on Gable. Ziggler charges at Gable in the corner, but Gable stops him with an elbow to the face. Gable dodges a superkick, and then rolls up Ziggler for a two count. Gable sends Ziggler int othe corner and hits a German suplex for a two count. Ziggler comes back with a headbutt and then a superkick for the three count.
Winner: Dolph Ziggler
- After the match, Drew hits the ring and hits the Claymore kick on Gable. Ziggler and McIntyre stand tall over Gable as we go to commercial.
- Dana Brooke vs. Natalya vs. Liv Morgan vs. Sarah Logan: This one is a qualifying match for the Women's Money In The Bank ladder match. Th opening bell sounds, and Liv goes after Natalya, while Logan beats down Dana. Liv works over Natalya in one corner, while Logan and Dana brawl in the other corner. Logan and Dana fight out to the apron, and then Natalya comes over and goes after Logan. Natalya hits a suplex on Logan for a two count. Liv comes at Natalya but misses a shot, and Natalya slingshots her down. Natalya continues to beat on her and hits a basement dropkick for a two count. Logan comes back out of nowhere and floors Natalya, but Dana breaks up the pin. Dana clotheslines Logan down, but then Liv drops Dana with an enziguri. Liv and Logan are alone in the ring now, and they tease fighting, but they decide against it and go to beat on Natalya some more. Dana pulls Liv out to the floor and drops her hard. Natalya hits a side Russian leg sweep on Logan, and then goes for the sharpshooter but Ruby distracts her from ringside. Logan drops Natalya for a two count. Dana comes in, but Logan sends her into the ring post and Dana is down. Logan turns around into a discus clothesline from Natalya. Natalya follows up with a Sharpshooter, and Logan taps out.
- Natalya now has a spot in the Money In The Bank ladder match. After the match, Natalya does an in-ring interview where she talks about training with Ronda Rousey. She says after the pay-per-view, Ronda will be Champion and she will be Ms. Money In The Bank.
- Elias is out to the ring for a song. The crowd chants along with Elias to start. Elias takes credit for WWE's stock being at record highs, and he takes some shots at Albany. Bobby Roode's music hits, and we have a match. As Roode gets in the ring, Elias attacks Roode from behind and beats him down before the bell. Roode tells the ref he's good to go, and the ref calls for the opening bell.
- Elias vs. Bobby Roode: Roode fires up and unloads on Elias with strikes. Roode sends Elias out to the ringside floor and Roode stands tall in the ring. Back on the mat, Elias comes back with a clothesline on Roode. Elias works on keeping Roode grounded now, until Roode fights up and hits a big spinebuster for a two count. Roode looks for the DDT, but Elias counters and backdrops him. Elias hits knee, but then Roose fires back with a kick. Roode misses the blockbuster, and he starts selling a knee injury off the landing. Roode connects with a swinging neckbreaker on Elias, and then he goes up top. Elias crotches Roode on the top rope, then Elias pulls Roode down and hits the Drift Away for the three count.
- Elias heads up the ramp after the match. Before Elias can get to the curtain, Braun Strowman comes charging out and he levels Elias by bumping into him. Braun heads down to the ring for his main event match with Balor.
- Finn Balor vs. Braun Strowman: The opening bell sounds and they stare each other down and then start trading shots. Balor tries to take down Strowman, but Strowman clubs him down. Braun headbutts Balor down, and then whips him hard into the corner. Braun screams and talks trash to Balor, blaming Balor for getting pinned last week. Balor finally fights back and starts taking out Braun's knee. Braun is hobbling around selling the knee, but he still drops Balor again for a two count. Braun kicks Balor out through the ropes to ringside. Braun follows him outside and throws Balor into the ring. Braun gets back in and continues to work over Braun, until he misses a shot in the corner and Balor boots him in the face. Braun charges again, but Balor dodges and Braun crashes into the turnbuckles. Balor boots him in the face again and follows up with more strikes. Braun no-sells a chop, and then headbutts Balor back down. They fight out to ringside again, and Braun strikes Balor out of mid-air. Braun yells at Balor again, asking if he's had enough. Braun says he's done playing, and while Balor tries to fight back, Braun drops him again. Balor rolls outside, and Braun follows. They run around the ring and Balor hits the Slingblade on the floor. Balor runs around and dropkicks Braun over the barrier into the crowd. Balor rests up against the barrier for a breather, and Braun raises up from below the barrier and grabs Balor from behind. Balor fights off Braun by kicking him in the neck, and Braun is down. Balor comes off the apron with a double foot stomp on Braun on the floor, and then he hits the Coup De Grace off the barrier onto Braun again on the floor. Back in the ring, Braun misses a shot in the corner and Balor dropkicks him into the turnbuckles. Balor goes up top for the Coup De Grace, but Braun grabs him by the throat. Balor escapes and runs the ropes, but Braun catches him in a powerslam. Braun drops his shoulder straps and picks up Balor for a second running powerslam, then he pins for the three count.
Winner: Braun Strowman
- After the match, the ref checks on Balor as Braun's music hits. Braun walks over and picks up Balor, then sets Balor in the corner. Braun leaves Balor alone to recover, and Braun walks back to the middle of the ring and looks up at the briefcases. Braun looks at Balor, and then walks off as RAW goes off the air.