As noted, WWE held a couple of non-televised live events this weekend in Champaign, Illinois and Dubuque, Iowa this weekend ahead of tonight's WWE Money In The Bank 2018 pay-per-view at the Allstate Arena in Rosemont, Illinois.
Featured below, courtesy of Scott Dawkins and ProWrestling.net, are complete results of the WWE live event in Champaign on Saturday night.
WWE Live Event Results
State Farms Arena in Champaign, Illinois
Report by Scott Dawkins
The show opened with ring JoJo, who announced two title matches would take place.
* “The Deleters of Worlds” Bray Wyatt and Matt Hardy defended beat The Revival to retain the Raw Tag Titles. A solid opening match a lot of quick pace action. Wyatt and Hardy retained via pinfall.
* Zack Ryder beat Mojo Rawley by apparent DQ. It didn’t last long before Curt Hawkins and Mike Kanellis interfered to help Mojo. Goldust and Chad Gable made the save to set up a six-man tag title match.
* Zack Ryder, Goldust, and Chad Gable defeated Mojo Rawley, Curt Hawkins, and Mike Kanellils. The crowd was very behind Goldust. Ryder hit the Rough Ryder for the win.
* The Authors of Pain defeated Heath Slater and Rhyno. Lots of chants for Slater and Rhyno. The match lasted longer than expected. AOP hit the finisher for the win about five minutes in.
* The lights went out and JoJo welcomed Elias, who was really over. The cheering had him pause numerous times. He sang a song and then was interrupted by Seth Rollins, who got the loudest pop of the night, even greater than the main event.
* Seth Rollins defeated Elias to retain the Intercontinental Championship. A long match. Many near falls. It actually looked like Elias had this one. Seth regained momentum and won with “The Stomp”.
* Intermission. Real short. The show was running pretty long.
* Dolph Ziggler and Drew McIntyre defeated “Breezango” Tyler Breeze and Fandango. Breezango had the crowd behind him. Ziggler got a nice pop even though being a heel. McIntyre didn’t look interested in the match. He had little involvement. Dolph tried a spot off the top rope and Tyler Breeze kept rolling away about a half dozen times. McIntyre and Ziggler won with the Claymore to ZigZag.
* Bobby Roode defeated Baron Corbin. Roode was over. Corbin didn’t really get much of a reaction. A well worked match. Roode hit the Glorious DDT for the win.
* Finn Balor, Bobby Lashley, Roman Reigns defeated Sami Zayn, Kevin Owens, Jinder Mahal. Sami got a lot of heat when he ripped a kids sign. Loudest Boos of the night go to Jinder Mahal. Finn Balor and Roman were over getting near Seth Rollins reactions. There were a lot of issues outside the ring. Roman chased away Samir Singh with a chair. Roman was not involved in the match until the very end. It was chaos at the end as Sami hit a Helluva kick on Owens. Bobby Lashley hit Sami with a 10 second suplex. There was a Coup de Grace from Balor to Owens. Reigns performed a Superman punch and a spear on Mahal for the pin. Romans music hit and the show was over.