The June 19th, 2018 edition of WWE SmackDown aired live from the Huntington Center in Toledo, OH, and is the first episode after Sunday's Money In The Bank pay-per-view.
- Fans have now been seated in the Huntington Center and this week's episode of SmackDown Live will be starting shortly.
- Tonight's broadcast opens with SmackDown GM Paige backstage talking about what happened at Money In The Bank on Sunday. She says we're now just 4 weeks away from Extreme Rules, and tonight they'll determine who will face AJ Styles at that pay-per-view. She announces a gauntlet match later tonight with Big E, Rusev, The Miz, Samoa Joe, and Daniel Bryan all fighting it out for the shot at AJ's WWE Title.
- Women's Champion Carmella comes out to the ring and gets on the mic. She makes some jokes about not lacking any confidence, because Mella Is Money, and she tells the rest of the roster that they could work twice as hard as her and only be half as good. She talks about beating Charlotte twice, and then beating Asuka all by herself. Asuka's music hits, but instead James Ellsworth comes out again dressed as Asuka. He takes his mask off and shares a laugh about it with Carmella. Ellsworth gets on the mic and makes fun of Asuka. He says he's back, and he's back to serve the greatest woman in history -- "better than Charlotte, Lita, Trish Stratus, Mother Teresa, Beyonce, Ronda Rousey, and Asuka." Asuka's music hits again, and this time the real Asuka comes out and hits the ring. Asuka steps to Ellsworth and they exchange words. Asuka kicks Ellsworth down, and then Carmella hits a cheap shot on Asuka. Carmella and Ellsworth escape up the ramp while Asuka recovers in the ring.
- Still to come: Karl Anderson & Luke Gallows vs. The Bludgeon Brothers
- Becky Lynch is shown backstage looking in the mirror and putting goggles on her head.
- The Iiconics come out and cut a brief promo calling the fans in the building smelly animals, and then they trash Becky Lynch. Becky's music hits, and we have a match.
- Becky Lynch vs. Billie Kay: The opening bell sounds and Becky starts off with a flurry of punches. She hits a suplex and Billie rolls outside to recover. Becky and Billie fight around ringside until Billie throws Becky into the ring post. Billie takes control of this one now and beats Becky own around ringside. Back in the ring, Peyton cheap-shots Becky from ringside while the ref isn't looking. Becky finally starts fighting back and hits a flying punch off the turnbuckle, and she follows up with some clotheslines and a kick. Becky hits a suplex for a two count. Becky gets distracted by Peyton at ringside, but Billie is unable to capitlize on it and Becky dumps her outside. Becky goes flying off the apron and hits Peyton. Back in the ring, Billie looks for a roll-up, but Becky quickly locks in the Disarmher for the win via submission.
Winner: Becky Lynch
- Becky celebrates in the ring while Peyton helps Billie to the back.
- The broadcast team shows us some footage of Shinsuke Nakamura beating on Jeff Hardy previously on SmackDown. We then go to a pre-taped promo from Jeff Hardy, where Jeff talks about Nakamura's attack on him last week. Jeff talks about the effect this attack had on him, and he turns around to show he has eyes painted on his eyelids. He opens his eyes and has some white contact lenses in, and he looks into the camera and tells Nakamura that he sees him.
- We see a promo video for Sanity featuring their silhouettes on a wall. They make their SmackDown debut next against The Usos.
- Daniel Bryan does an interview backstage where he talks about his intentions to win tonight's gauntlet match, and he makes Renee Young say she thinks he's going to win tonight.
- The Usos comes out to the ring and they get on the mic to talk about their upcoming match against Sanity. They talk about Sanity trying to make a name for themselves tonight, and they welcome them to the Uso penitentiary.
- The Usos vs. Sanity: The Usos attack before the opening bell, but it turns into a three-on-two assault by Sanity. Killian Dain, Alexander Wolfe and Eric Young continue to beat down Jimmy and Jey with double team moves. Sanity poses in the ring before leaving, and this match is over before it ever began.
Winners: No contest
- Shinsuke Nakamura does an interview in the back about his loss at Money In The Bank on Sunday. He also addresses Jeff Hardy, and he warns Hardy not to ever cross him again.
- Karl Anderson & Luke Karlson vs. The Bludgeon Brothers (c): The Bludgeon Brothers' Tag Titles are on the line in this one. Rowan and Gallows start this one off throwing big strikes. Gallows hits a big boot on Rowan and then he knocks Harper outside. Anderson looks for a suicide dive on Harper, but Harper catches him and slams him down. Meanwhile in the ring, Rowan drops Gallows and then takes him up to the turnbuckle. Rowan hits a superplex on Gallows for a two count, and then Rowan and Harper double team Anderson at ringside. Back in the ring, Rowan hits a splash on Gallows for a two count. Harper tags in now and continues the offense on Gallows. Rowan tags back in and keeps Gallows grounded with a head lock. Harper is back in now and they take turns pummeling on Gallows. Gallows fires back with a big boot and an uppercut. He kicks Harper down, and then he tags in Anderson. Anderson comes flying in off the top rope with a splash on Harper. Anderson follows up with a spinebuster on Harper for a two count. Anderson dumps Rowan down to the floor, and the distraction leans to Harper hitting a side suplex for a two count. Rowan drops Gallows at ringside, and then Rowan tags in. Rowan and Harper hit the double team powerbomb on Anderson for the three count.
Winners & still Tag Team Champions: The Bludgeon Brothers
- Harper and Rowan hold up their Tag Titles and then head to the back. Before they make it backstage, Daniel Bryan comes out to the ring and walks past The Bludgeon Brothers. They have a brief stare-down on the ramp, but Bryan keeps walking past them. The 5-man gauntlet match to determine the #1 contender for AJ's Title is up next.
- The Miz is shown warming up in his locker room. Rusev is backstage getting a pep talk from Aiden English. Samoa Joe is backstage warming up, and Big E is shown getting carried through the hallway by Kofi and Xavier. They're all getting ready for tonight's gauntlet match main event.
- 5-man Gauntlet Match: Daniel Bryan vs. Big E will start off this gauntlet. The opening bell sounds and Big E overpowers Byan early on. Bryan tries to wrestle Big E down to the mat, but Big E picks him up and tosses him down. Bryan finally gets a hold of Big E on the mat and he locks in a dragon sleeper. Big E escapes, but Bryan connects with several kicks. Bryan works over Big E's arm and takes him down to the mat again. Big E escapes and hits a belly to belly suplex, and then he lays Bryan across the apron and hits a running splash. Big E beats Bryan down round ringside and rams him into the fan barricade. Back in the ring, Bryan starts mounting a comeback, but he misses a splash off the top rope and Big E takes advantage. Bryan fights back with a clothesline and both men are down. Big E charges at Bryan, but Bryan drop-toe-holds him into the middle turnbuckle. Bryan hits a series of kicks on Big E in the corner, then takes him up to the top rope. Bryan hits a Frankensteiner off the top, and Big E is hurt. Bryan hits some running kicks in the corner, but after the second one Big E comes back with a big clothesline. Big E hits a backbreaker for a two count. Big E goes for a submission, but Bryan reverses it into a Yes Lock attempt. Big E breaks free, but Bryan is still able to apply a triangle choke. Big E looks for a powerbomb, but Bryan escapes and works over Big E's knee. Big E misses a clothesline and Bryan hops out to the apron. Big E runs the ropes and spears Bryan through the ropes down to the ringside floor. Back in the ring, Big E misses a shot in the corner and hits the ring post. Bryan capitalizes with a knee to the face and covers for the three count, and Big E has now been eliminated.
Samoa Joe is out next, and now its Joe vs. Bryan. Joe starts off strong and backs Bryan into the corner with strikes. Bryan starts to fire back with some kicks and they run the ropes, but Joe catches him with a spinning powerslam. Joe lays into Bryan now with kicks and chops. Bryan fires back with some kicks and chops of his own. Bryan looks for a huricanrana, but Joe powerbombs him down. Joe puts Bryan in a crab, and then an STF, and then a crossface. Bryan finally gets his foot on the rope and ref breaks the hold. Joe throws a kick but Bryan catches it and takes Joe down by the leg. Bryan starts working over Joe's knee now and he smashes it against the ring post. Joe comes back with a big boot and a senton for a two count. Joe boots Bryan in the face a few times and lays into him with chops. Bryan comes back with some chops of his own, but Joe ties him up in a sleeper hold. Bryan sends Joe through the ropes, and both men are down. Bryan's chest is red from chops. Bryan gets on the apron and goes flying off with a knee to the face of Joe on the floor. Back in the ring, Bryan hits a missile dropkick on Joe. Bryan follows up with more kicks on Joe while he's grounded. Joe blocks a kick, but Bryan follows up with an enziguri. Bryan looks for a knee to the head, but Joe dodges it and rolls outside. Bryan follows him outside, but Joe catches him in the Coquina Clutch at ringside. Bryan fights free and gets in the ring before the ref's 10 count, but Joe is just a second too late, and the ref counts out Joe for the elimination.
Before Bryan's next opponent in the gauntlet can come out, Luke Harper and Eric Rowan come back out and hit the ring. They quickly beat down Bryan and leave. The Miz comes out and hits the ring fast, then immediately hits the Skull Crushing Finale on Bryan. Miz pins Bryan for the three count, and now Bryan is eliminated.
Rusev is out next, and Aiden English is with him. It's down to Miz vs. Rusev now, and the winner will get a shot at AJ Styles' WWE Championship at Extreme Rules. Rusev takes the fight to Miz early on and controls this one. The Miz tries to mount a comeback and hit a shot in the corner, but Rusev catches him and slams him down for a two count. AJ Styles is shown backstage watching on a monitor. Rusev charges at Miz, but Miz ducks and dumps Rusev outside. The Miz follows up with a dropkick to Rusev on the floor, and The Miz briefly gets distracted by English. Miz and Rusev fight back into the ring and Miz boots him in the face for a two count. The Miz hits a backbreaker and neckbreaker for another two count, and then he chokes Rusev in the corner until the ref breaks it up. The Miz hits a running clothesline in the corner and then goes up top. The Miz hits a flying axe handle strike on Rusev for a two count. The Miz gauges Rusev's eyes when the ref isn't looking, then takes him down again. Rusev blocks a shot and boots Miz in the face, then they start trading punches in the middle of the ring. Rusev fires up and boots Miz down, then hits a splash in the corner. Rusev follows up with a spinning heel kick and Miz goes down. Rusev looks for the big boot, but Miz dodges it. The Miz looks for the Skull Crushing Finale, but Rusev overpowers him and escapes. They fight in the corner, which leads to Rusev kicking Miz in the head for a two count. The Miz rolls outside to kill some time before Rusev follows him out. This leads to Miz throwing Rusev into the ring steps, then back in the ring. The Miz kicks Rusev several times, then hits a DDT for a two count. Miz wastes some time mocking Danie Bryan, which leads to Rusev dropping Miz and locking him in The Accolade for the win.
- Rusev and English celebrate after the match. Rusev will be getting a Title shot at Extreme Rules. AJ Styles' music hits and the Champ comes down the ramp. AJ steps in the ring and sets down the WWE Title and has a stare-down with Rusev. AJ and Rusev shake hands, and AJ reluctantly goes to shake Aiden English's hand, but Aiden yanks his hand away at the last second. AJ punches Aiden down and leaves. Rusev helps Aiden up as SmackDown goes off the air.