The July 9th, 2018 edition of WWE RAW took place at the TD Garden in Boston, MA.
- This week's broadcast opens up with a video package looking at Roman Reigns and his feud with Bobby Lashley.
- Roman Reigns is shown backstage walking through the hallways of the TD Garden. Bobby Lashley steps in front of Reigns, and asks where he's going. Reigns says he's going to ring, and Lashley tells him he better be going out there to call out Lashley, because Lashley is ready to tear him apart. Lashley steps aside and Reigns keeps walking to the gorilla position.
- Reigns' music hits in the arena and the Big Dog comes out to the ring. Reigns gets on the mic and says he's never had anyone stare him in the face and ask to be called out, so now he's curious what Bob can do. Reigns calls out Bobby Lashley to get his ass down to the ring, and Lashley makes his way out. Lashley steps in the ring and stands in front of Reigns, but Kurt Angle comes out to the stage and tells them to save it for this Sunday at Extreme Rules. Baron Corbin is out on the stage with Angle. Lashley and Reigns ignore Angle's orders, and they start fighting back and forth in the ring. Part of the RAW locker room, including Corbin, runs down to the ring to separate the two. Lashley and Reigns continue fighting as the locker room drags them apart. Lashley breaks free and attacks Reigns as the crowd pops. Lashley appears to get the upper hand and he kicks Reigns out of the ring. More members of the RAW roster come out to pull them apart. Lashley gets out of the ring and still tries to get at Reigns as the other wrestlers hold them apart. Lashley breaks free again and clotheslines Reigns down on the floor. Lashley throws Reigns in the ring and then the other wrestlers haul Lashley back. Reigns runs the ropes in the ring and hits a suicide dive onto Lashley and the group of wrestlers holding him back. Reigns finally retreats up the ramp, past Kurt Angle on the stage, and he heads backstage. Reigns changes his mind at the last second though, and sprints back down the ramp to fight more with Lashley. Reigns and Lashley fight on the ramp as the other wrestlers continue to try to pull them apart. Reigns finally heads to the back as other wrestlers hold back Lashley.
- Mickie James and Alexa Bliss are backstage watching the brawl on a monitor. They comment that the brawl we just saw was nothing compared to what they'll do to Nia Jax and Natalya tonight in their tag match. That's scheduled to take place next.
- Alexa Bliss & Mickie James vs. Nia Jax & Natalya: The opening bell sound sand it looks like Nia and Alexa will start this one off, but Alexa immediately tags in Mickie before anything happens. Nia and Mickie lock up and Nia powers Mickie back into the corner. Natalya tags in and they double team Mickie to kick things off. Natalya looks for the Sharpshooter early on, but Mickie escapes and tags in Alexa. Alexa comes in and brawls with Natalya until the fight spills outside and Natalya baseball slide kicks her down. Natalya also drops Mickie at ringside and throws Alexa into the fan barricade. Natalya takes Alexa back in the ring, but Alexa rolls out the other side for a breather. Back in the ring, Mickie helps Alexa turn things around with a shot on Natalya in the corner. Alexa and Mickie take turns beating down Natalya now and trying to keep her grounded. Natalya breaks free and gets the hot tag to Nia, who cleans house. Nia hits a series of shots on Mickie in the corner and then drops her with a splash. Nia hits a gorilla press slam on Mickie and then a running leg drop for the three count.
Winners: Nia Jax & Natalya
- Immediately after the match, Alexa Bliss comes out of nowhere with a kendo stick and she lays into Nia and Natalya with it. Nia fights back and clears the ring. Nia breaks the kendo stick over her knee as Mickie and Alexa retreat up the ramp.
- Nia Jax does a brief interview backstage where she says she's going to break Alexa in half at Extreme Rules. She says she remembers everything Alexa has ever done to her, and she's going to pay it all back, because anything goes in their match.
- Michael Cole introduces a video package looking at Kevin Owens' issues with Braun Strowman in recent weeks.
- Kevin Owens approaches Kurt Angle in his office backstage and complains about the unsafe working environment with Braun Strowman. Kevin presents Kurt with a doctor's note saying he cannot compete tonight. Kevin says since he is here but can't wrestle, he's going to hang out in Kurt's office all night so he can be safe.
- We see a promotional spot for The Rock's new Skyscraper movie, mixed in with clips of high-impact moves from recent episodes of RAW.
- Mojo Rawley vs. No Way Jose: We don't see the conga line entrance for Jose tonight. The opening bell sounds and they go at it with strikes. They run the ropes and Mojo hits a big running shoulder block. Mojo continues to lay into Jose with strikes until Jose blocks one and fires back with a shot of his own. Jose follows up with a series of punches and knee strikes, and then a clothesline for a two count. They fight in the corner and Mojo hits an Alabama Slam out of nowhere for the three count.
Winner: Mojo Rawley
- We briefly go to some more footage of Sasha Banks and Bayley's friendship counseling.
- Seth Rollins briefly runs into Jinder Mahal and Sunil Singh backstage. Jinder tries to talk to Rollins about meditation, but Rollins walks off.
- Seth Rollins comes out to the ring, and he's got a mic. Rollins says the fans have given him some good nicknames, but the only one that matters is "former Intercontinental Champion." Current Intercontinental Champion Dolph Ziggler comes out to interrupt, with Drew McIntyre by his side. Ziggler and Drew trash Rollins, and Ziggler talks about their Iron Man match on Sunday. Rollins says Drew helped Ziggler win, but he hopes that won't be the case on Sunday. They exchange words and Rollins mocks McIntyre until Drew wants to get in the ring and go at it. Dolph holds back Drew and tells Rollins he's got it coming on Sunday. Drew takes the mic and calls out Rollins for a fight tonight. Rollins continues to prod at McIntyre until Drew and Dolph finally hit the ring. Rollins ducks them and slides out of the ring and heads to the back as Drew looks pissed off.
- The B Team is shown backstage dressed as Matt Hardy and Bray Wyatt, and they're getting ready to come out to the ring.
- The B Team comes out to the ring still dressed as Hardy and Wyatt. They do their best impersonations of Hardy and Wyatt in the ring and say they're going to take the Tag Team Titles. Hardy and Wyatt appear on the big screen and cut a promo on The B Team. The lights cut back on the arena and Hardy and Wyatt are standing behind them. The B Team runs out of the ring and regroups at ringside before their singles match next.
- Matt Hardy vs. Bo Dallas: Dallas steps in the ring and removes his Bray Wyatt costume. The opening bell sounds and Hardy starts off strong. The fight spills out to ringside and Hardy hits a vertical suplex on the ringside floor. They fight back into the ring and then back out to the floor, where Hardy looks for the Side Effect on to the ring steps, but Dallas escapes. Back in the ring Hardy suplexes Dallas down and then hits a Side Effect. Axel causes a distraction from ringside and Wyatt drops him on the floor. The distraction leads to Dallas dropping Hardy from behind for the three count.
Winner: Bo Dallas
- After the match, Wyatt and Hardy interrupt the winners' celebration and beat them down in the ring.
- We go to the broadcast team, where Michael Cole talks about Kurt Angle booking the match between Seth Rollins and Drew McIntyre tonight to make it official.
- Bobby Lashley is backstage for a brief interview where he says he has zero respect for Roman Reigns. Lashley says the only thing he likes about Reigns is that he's willing to fight him. Lashley says when Reigns walks into Extreme Rules to fight him, Reigns won't walk out, believe that.
- Tyler Breeze is backstage giving fashion advice to Sarah Logan and Liv Morgan. They decline the advice and rip up his shirts and leave.
- We briefly see more footage from Sasha and Bayley's friendship counseling session.
- They air a selfie video from Alexa Bliss cutting a promo on Nia Jax.
- Ember Moon vs. Liv Morgan: The opening bell sounds and Ember takes Liv down early on. Ember dumps Liv outside and looks for a suicide dive, but Liv dodges it so Ember stops. Back in the ring, Liv hits a facebuster on Ember for a two count. Liv goes for a sleeper, but Ember slams her down. Liv dodges a clothesline and slams Ember down. Ember headscissors Liv into the middle turnbuckle. Eber trips Liv down and knees her in the face. Ember hits a fallaway slam on Liv and then knocks Sarah Logan off the apron. Liv rolls up Ember from behind, but Ember escapes and rolls up Liv for the three count.
Winner: Ember Moon
- Logan and Morgan regroup in the ring as Ember retreats up the ramp.
- Finn Balor is backstage for an interview when Bobby Roode interrupts. Roode says they're teaming up tonight because they're cut from the same cloth, and they're going to be victorious and glorious tonight. Balor calls out Baron Corbin and says Corbin may be twice as big but Balor is twice as good. Balor says they've said enough, and they'll do the rest of their talking in the ring.
- We see a look at the outside of the TD Garden in Boston.
- Kevin Owens is shown still backstage in Kurt Angle's office. Dolph Ziggler and Drew McIntyre walk in and interrupt to complain about Seth Rollins. Kurt says if Rollins wins his match tonight, then Drew will be banned from ringside for Rollins' match against Ziggler at Extreme Rules.
- Elias is in the ring for a song and he trashes Finn Balor and Bobby Lashley. He trashes the local Boston fans and they turn against him. Baron Corbin comes out to join him for a song, but then Roode and Balor interrupt for their match.
- Bobby Roode & Finn Balor vs. Elias & Baron Corbin: Roode works over Elias in the opening moments, and pins for a two count after an atomic drop and a Russian leg sweep. Elias fights back and tags in Corbin, who drops Roode. Roode fights back and Elias and Balor tag in now. Balor cleans house and looks for a suicide dive on Elias to the outside, but Corbin grabs Balor's leg from the other side of the ring to distract him. Corbin tags in and starts working over Balor. Elias tags back in and tries to keep Balor grounded, but Balor fights back with a boot to the face and then he throws Elias outside. Elias tags in Corbin to drops Balor again. Corbin throws Balor off the ropes and Balor answers with the Sling Blade. Roode gets the hot tag and cleans house. Roode drops Corbin and goes up to the top rope. Roode comes flying but Corbin catches him and hits a chokeslam backbreaker. Corbin pins but Balor breaks it up. Balor drops Elias outside and hits a dive on him. Corbin drops Balor from behind on the apron, and Roode rolls up Corbin from behind for a near-fall. Roode follows up with a Blockbuster off the middle rope and pins, but Elias breaks it up. Corbin and Balor start brawling at ringside, where Balor boots him in the face and rolls him back in the ring. Balor goes up top but Corbin drops him down. Corbin misses a shot on Roode and Roode sends him into the ring post. Elias runs in but Roode hits a Spinebuster on him. Roode turns around into the End of Days from Corbin, and Corbin pins for the three count.
Winners: Baron Corbin & Elias
- We go to replays as Corbin and Elias celebrate in the ring.
- Kevin Owens is backstage in Kurt Angle's office eating a sandwich. Braun Strowman walks in and Owens freaks out. Kurt says he invited Braun here because Kevin keeps running from him. Because Kevin keeps running, Kurt is booking them in a steel cage match this Sunday. Braun says Kevin reeks of fear and he sprays air freshener in his face. Kurt laughs and Braun walks off.
- We see a new ad for the new WWE video game featuring Ronda Rousey and voice-over from Roddy Piper.
- We get a brief look at Sasha and Bayley still sitting in the friendship counseling office.
- The announce team introduces a replay of the brawl between Roman Reigns and Bobby Lashley earlier tonight.
- Roman Reigns is backstage for a brief interview about Lashley and their match on Sunday.
- Coley, Coach and Graves run down the full card for Sunday's Extreme Rules pay-per-view.
- Seth Rollins vs. Drew McIntyre: Dolph Ziggler is at ringside for this one. The opening bell sounds and Drew starts off strong and drops Seth. Seth fights back with strikes and applies a side headlock. Drew throws him off and applies a headlock takedown. Drew beats on Seth on the mat and then hits a suplex. Rollins ducks a shot and Drew falls out to ringside. Seth kicks Drew through the ropes and goes for a suicide dive, but Drew catches Seth at ringside. Drew slams Seth onto the ring apron and then drops him on the floor. They fight back into the ring and Drew hits a belly to belly overhead suplex. Drew applies a shoulder lock to Rollins, but Rollins fights out with a jawbreaker. Rollins hits a Sling Blade and dumps Drew outside, then follows up with a suicide dive. Rollins throws Drew back in the ring and hits a springboard flying clothesline for a two count. Rollins goes back up top and hits the Blockbuster for another two count. Rollins looks for the curb stomp but Drew moves. This leads to Drew hitting a reverse Alabama slam for a two count. Rollins misses a kick and Drew hits a sit-out powerbomb for another two count. Drew takes Rollins up top, but Rollins escapes and crotches Drew on the top rope. Drew gets hung upside down in the tree of woe in the corner, and Rollins looks for a stomp, but Drew throws him down. Drew charges but Rollins catches him with a superkick and hits the Falcon Arrow for a two count. They get to their feet and Drew headbutts Rollins down. Drew takes Rollins up top, but Rollins escapes and powerbombs Drew into the opposite turnbuckle. Drew follows up with a superkick, then he goes up top for a frogsplash, but Ziggler distracts him. Drew gets up and Rollins hits a flying cross body for a two count. Rollins kicks Drew then hits the curb stomp on Dolph on the apron. Rollins turns around into the Claymore for the three count.
Winner: Drew McIntyre
- Drew carries Dolph up the ramp on his shoulders as Rollins recovers in the ring and RAW goes off the air.