Thanks to rajah.com reader Nicholas Cannella for sending in these results. If you are attending a future house show, we would be appreciative of any recaps.
8/3/18 WWE Raw House Show Results from Augusta, GA
- Roman Reigns and Finn Balor were both removed from the card over a week ago. The updated card heading into the show as advertised was Rollins vs Ziggler for the IC Title, Strowman vs Owens, Lashley vs Mahal, Alexa Bliss vs Nia Jax vs Natalya for the Woman’s Title , B Team vs Matt Hardy/Bray vs Corbin/Elias for the Tag Titles and an appearance by “Rowdy” Ronda Rousey. With all of this there were a few changes to the card as the show went on. The biggest disappointment seemed to be over Strowman not being there. He was advertised on the WWE live events page as well as the arena website and all local radio and television advertisements.
- Raw GM Kurt Angle cut a promo on the mini tron to get the crowd hyped up for the show.
1. “The B Team” Curtis Axel and Bo Dallas defeated Baron Corbin & Jinder Mahal and Matt Hardy & Bray Wyatt in a Triple Threat Match to retain the Raw Tag Titles. B Team won when Dallas pinned Mahal. Good opener to get the crowd hyped up.
2. Cedric Alexander beat Buddy Murphy with the Lumbar Check to retain the WWE Cruiserweight Championship. Fast paced and high flying style Cruiserweight match.
3. Heath Slater, Rhyno, and Chad Gable over The Ascension and Curt Hawkins when Rhyno pinned Hawkins after a Gore. The face team were over with the crowd.
4. Mojo Rawley pinned No Way Jose following a Shoulder Tackle.
5. Ember Moon and Sasha Banks defeated Sarah Logan and Liv Morgan when Sasha pinned Logan following the Bank Statement.
6. Bobby Roode defeated Kevin Owens. Roode won after the Glorious DDT. Very good match with the fans behind Roode while Owens received big heel heat.
7. Bobby Lashley beat Elias. Lashley interrupted Elias singing and playing his Guitar in the ring and won a relatively short match with the Sit Down Powebomb. Elias had a mixed crowd reaction when he cut his in ring promo.
8. Ronda Rousey and Natalya beat Alicia Fox and Alexa Bliss. Rousey made Alicia Fox tap to the arm bar. Rousey spent less than a minute in the ring after getting the hot tag.
9. Seth Rollins beat Dolph Ziggler (w/Drew McIntyre) via DQ in an Intercontinental Championship Match. Good main event with lots of back and forth action and near falls. Mid match, McIntyre was sent to the back for attacking Rollins. Ziggler got disqualified for using a chair on Rollins. After the match, Rollins hit the stomp on Ziggler to send the crowd home happy.
-The biggest pops of the night were for Rollins, Rousey, Hardy/Wyatt, Roode, Lashley and even Ziggler had some fans behind him despite being a heel. The Civic Center was about 75% full.