The August 20th, 2018 edition of WWE RAW was the first episode after SummerSlam, and took place at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, NY.
- New WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns comes out to the ring to kick off the show. Reigns says he's a man of his word, he conquered the beast, and he will be defending his Universal Title tonight. Reigns says the man he will defend against tonight is Finn Balor. Balor comes out to the ring next, and accepts the challenge with a handshake. Baron Corbin comes out to interrupt. Corbin steps in the ring with a mic and he takes issue with Balor competing as "the demon" last night, and says Balor breached his contract. Corbin gets in Reigns and Balor's faces, and then Kurt Angle comes out to interrupt. Kurt says he makes the matches, not Corbin. Kurt says he doesn't care what Corbin thinks, but he does care what Brooklyn things. Kurt asks the crowd if they'd like to see Balor challenge Reigns for the Title tonight, and the crowd cheers, so Angle books the match for our main event tonight. Kurt also books Corbin in a match tonight, and that match starts right now, against Bobby Lashley.
- Bobby Lashley vs. Baron Corbin: Lashley starts off strong with a couple belly to back suplexes. Lashley follows up with a swinging neckbreaker, and then he takes Corbin into the corner for some more punishment. Lashley mounts Corbin for ten punches in the corner and then clotheslines him to the outside. Lashley throws Corbin back in the ring and he leaps up to the apron, but Corbin kicks Lashley back down to the floor. Corbin slams Lashley into the fan barricade and then takes things back in the ring. Lashley comes back with a clothesline and he looks for a vertical suplex, but Corbin spears him through the ropes and down to the floor. Corbin slides outside and clotheslines Lashley down on the ringside floor. Back in the ring, Corbin beats on Lashley in the corner and sends him into the ring post. Lashley dodges a shot and starts fighting back now. Lashley and Corbin exchange lariats and elbow strikes now until Lashley plants him with a spinebuster for a two count. Lashley tires to come off the top with a move, but Corbin catches him and hits the chokeslam backbreaker for a two count. Lashley gets back to his feet and after a short exchange he hits the spinebuster for the three count.
Winner: Bobby Lashley
- We see Kurt Angle backstage watching Lashley's victory on a monitor. Paul Heyman then walks in to confront Angle and he asks for Brock Lesnar's contractually obligated rematch for the Universal Title. Kurt says the contract doesn't state when the rematch will be, so it's up to Kurt's discretion, and it will be a long long time before Brock ever gets his rematch. Heyman says that's okay, because they want the rematch at Hell In A Cell. Angle says that would be a cold day in hell and to forget about it.
- Baron Corbin confronts Kurt Angle now and complains about being given matches without time to prepare -- against The Demon and then against Lashley. Corbin says he's tired of Kurt not giving him what he wants. Kurt says his job isn't to do what he wants, his job to what's best for the WWE Universe. Corbin says Stephanie is here tonight, and Corbin is going to go talk to her.
- Sasha Banks, Bayley and Ember Moon vs. The Riott Squad: Sasha starts off strong against Ruby and then quickly tags in Bayley who continues the offense. Ember tags in and lays into Ruby with kicks. The aprons clear now until the babyfaces clear the Riott Squad from the ring and they follow up with suicide dives on them at ringside. Back in the ring, Sarah Logan drops Bayley and keeps her grounded. Ruby tags in and so does Sasha. Sasha cleans house and stuns Ruby with a boot to the face. Sasha takes Ruby in the corner and hits a double foot stomp and pins, but Mandy breaks up the pin. The aprons clear and after some confusion Ruby hits the Riott Kick for the three count.
Winners: The Riott Squad
- Up next: Triple H will address the WWE Universe
- We see some still shots from last night's SummerSlam pay-per-view.
- Triple H comes out to the ring and says he'll work until he dies to make sure this all continues for the WWE Universe, which gets a pop from the crowd. Triple H then moves on to the subject of his history with The Undertaker, and he shows a shot on the big screen of himself, Undertaker and Shawn Michaels from WrestleMania in 2012. Triple H says he couldn't miss the opportunity to lace up his boots one more time and step in the ring with The Undertaker in Australia, and the crowd gives him a "you still got it" chant. Triple H says the excitement and goosebumps are coming back for the fans, because The Game is back.
- Dean Ambrose vs. Dolph Ziggler: Seth Rollins and Drew McIntyre are both at ringside for this singles match. Ambrose starts off strong and lays into Ziggler with punches and chops before taking him down in a side headlock. Ziggler looks for a hip toss, but Dean blocks it and slams Ziggler down. Dean runs the ropes but Drew grabs his leg from ringside. Rollins runs around to hold back Ambrose and deal with McIntyre. The distraction leads to Ziggler dropkicking Ambrose from the apron down to the ringside floor. Back in the ring, Ziggler applies a sleeper to Ambrose until Ambrose finally breaks free. Ambrose comes back with a knee to the midsection and hen stomps a mud hole in Dolph in the corner. Ziggler comes back with a big boot and then looks for a Zig Zag, but Ambrose dodges it and hits a fallaway slam. Ziggler drops Ambrose neck-first across the top rope and then looks for a superkick, but Ambrose blocks it. Ziggler sends Ambrose outside, and then Drew and Seth get in each other's faces. Seth and Drew start brawling on the floor now until Ziggler runs over and cheap-shots Rollins. They double-team Rollins at ringside until Ambrose comes from behind and drops McIntyre and Ziggler. Back in the ring, Ambrose knocks Drew off the apron and looks for the Dirty Deeds on Ziggler, but Ziggler escapes. Ziggler looks for a superkick but Dean blocks it, as Rollins runs through the ring for a suicide dive on McIntyre at ringside. Ziggler looks for a DDT on Ambrose, but Ambrose blocks that too and hits the Dirty Deeds for the three count.
Winner: Dean Ambrose
- Ambrose and Rollins celebrate on the ramp while Drew and Dolph recover in the ring.
- Elias is backstage telling some producers that they are on their third strike after his performances keep getting messed up. Elias has his guitar and walks off towards the gorilla position.
- Finn Balor is shown backstage in his locker room when Braun Strowman walks in. Braun tells Balor what he told Brock and Roman last night, that he's the monster among men and he does things face to face regarding his Money In The Bank contract. Braun wishes Finn good luck tonight and walks off.
- Elias comes down to the ring and trashes his producers and engineers for messing up his past performances. Elias says his doctor advised against being around the horrible people of Brooklyn again, but he's a performer and he's here. He tells everyone to shut their mouths while he plays, but then Curt Hawkins comes out to interrupt. Hawkins gets on the mic and comes down to the ring, saying Elias might want a #1 hit, but instead he's going to be the #1 guy to lose to Curt Hawkins. Hawkins wants to end his losing streak in Brooklyn tonight, but Elias insists that Hawkins is a loser just like every single person in the fan. He tells Hawkins to start walking, and Elias says he will get his song out one way or another. Hawkins starts to walk off, but then yells at Elias asking if he's going to hide behind his guitar and goofy scarf, or is he going to fight him, because he's challenging him to a match right now.
- Curt Hawkins vs. Elias: The opening bell sounds and HAwkins immediately rolls up Elias for a two count. Elias fires back with a jumping knee to the face and then continues the offense on Hawkins with strikes. Elias hits an elbow drop for a two count. Hawkins tries to roll up Elias again but just gets a two count. Hawkins fires back with right hands now and then a jumping forearm shot. Hawkins hits a dropkick and then Elias rolls outside for a breather. Back in the ring, Elias hits another knee to the face and then the Drift Away for the three count.
- Titus O'Neil is shown walking bacsktage looking for Apollo and Dana. He finds them and asks where they've been, and they stammer and say they've been discussing strategy. Titus reminds them they have a match coming up, and Dana says she's been doing research and found some weaknesses in The Authors of Pain's game.
- The Authors of Pain vs. Titus Worldwide: The opening bell sounds and Rezar starts off strong against Titus, then locks him in a bear hug to slow things down. Rezar backs Titus into the Authors' corner and then Akam tags in. They beat on Titus in the corner, and then Rezar looks for a vertical suplex, but Titus reverses it into a suplex of his own. Apollo gets the tag and knocks Akam off the apron, but Rezar drops Apollo from behind. Akam tags in and they double team Crews for a two count. They double team Crews and then Akam applies a chin lock. Crews finally fires up and fights back, but The Authors double team him again. Crews manages to fight them off, and then Crews hits a moonsault off the top, and then a standing shooting star press on Akam, but Rezar breaks it up. They send Titus out to the ringisde floor again, and then the Authors hit the Last Chapter on Crews for the three count.
Winners: The Authors of Pain
- Dana is shown consoling Apollo on the ringside floor after the match.
- The entire women's roster is around the ring now and carpet is laid out in the ring. The Women's Title belt is in the ring for an official presentation to Ronda Rousey. Stephanie McMahon comes out to the ring next and introduces a video package looking at Ronda Rousey's road to the Women's Title. Stephanie goes on to give herself credit for being such a great businesswoman, and says Ronda is her protege, but then Ronda Rousey comes out to interrupt. Ronda steps in the ring and the crowd chants her name, and Stephanie gets on the mic saying she takes credit for this. Ronda interrupts and says this isn't all about Stephanie, and she asks why the other wrestlers have to stand at ringside while Stephanie is in the ring. Ronda tells the wrestlers to get up on the ring, and Ronda says this is about all of them and women's evolution, not just Stephanie. Ronda credits Natalya, Bayley, and Sasha Banks with propelling the women's wrestling movement. Ronda says she's not Brock Lesnar and she's going to be a fighting champion. Stephanie says this isn't the Ronda Rousey she knows, this is the Ronda who just wants to break peoples' arms. Stephanie points out that Ronda broke Alexa's arm last night, and shows some still shots from their match last night. Stephanie says Ronda is going to break all of their arms and wipe all of them out. Ronda gets in Stephanie's face, says she only breaks arms of people who deserve it, and grabs her. Ronda takes Stephanie down and puts her in an arm bar. Ronda lets go as Stephanie screams and rolls out of the ring. Some of the other women check on Stephanie at ringside, as others join Ronda in the ring and hug her.
- The B Team comes out to the ring and they get on the mics. They talk about the twists and turns of their careers, and how they went from not winning one match to being Tag Champs. Axel says they have two singles matches tonight, and tonight the B in B-Team stands for Brooklyn.
- Scott Dawson vs. Bo Dallas: Dash Wilder and Curtis Axel are both at ringside for this one. Dawson starts off strong with a shot to the face and then a clothesline on Dallas. Dawson slingshots Dallas into the corner, then elbows him in the face. Dallas comes back with a roll-up out of nowhere for a two count, and then some clotheslines. Dallas boots him in the face and then takes him down with a running elbow. Dallas looks for a suplex, but Dawson reverses and hits a brainbuster for the three count.
Winner: Scott Dawson
- Axel gets in the ring and tells Dash to get his ass in the ring, because they're up next.
- Curtis Axel vs. Dash Wilder: The opening bell sounds and Wilder starts off with a backbreaker for a two count early on. Dallas starts fighting back, but Wilder dodges a shot and hits a facebuster for the three count after a short match.
Winner: Dash Wilder
- The Revival celebrates after their second singles win of the night, and they motion that they want the Tag Titles. Bo gets on the mic at ringside and calls them out, saying they may have won the singles matches, but they are still the RAW Tag Team Champions.
- Universal Champion Roman Reigns is backstage for an interview with Renee Young. Reigns says he didn't give years of his life chasing the Universal Title just to sit around not defending it. Reigns says Balor earned his shot and he's getting it tonight, but he's going to lose and go back to the line. Reigns says this will always be his yard.
- Stephanie McMahon is backstage in the trainer's office getting her arm checked on with Baron Corbin and Alexa Bliss. Kurt Angle walks in to check on her, and Stephanie criticizes Kurt for not protecting her from Ronda. Kurt says he's doing the best he can, but Stephanie doesn't believe him. Stephanie says it's been a year-and-a-half since Kurt became GM, and maybe Kurt needs time off and a vacation. Stephanie says Kurt needs time off, so Baron Corbin will be the acting GM of RAW now, and he is in charge. Kurt looks confused and walks off.
- Roman Reigns (c) vs. Finn Balor: Roman Reigns' Universal Title is on the line in this one. The opening bell sound and they lock up. Reigns overpowers Balor early on and shoves him across the ring, and then drops him with a shoulder tackle. Balor tries to come back, but Reigns decks him with a right hand. Reigns keeps Balor grounded with a chin lock until Balor, until Balor dodges a shot and hits a dropkick. Reigns comes back with a shot in the corner, but Balor fires back with some strikes of his own. Reigns hits a series of clotheslines in the corner, but Balor answers with a dropkick that sends Reigns out to ringside. Balor follows up with a big suicide dive over the top rope down onto Reigns on the floor. Back in the ring, Reigns and Balor trades blows until Balor hits a Pele kick. Balor fires up and stomps on Reigns now and he looks for a sling blade, but Reigns blocks it and powerbombs Balor. Reigns looks for a Superman punch but Balor blocks it and hits an inverted DDT. Balor hits a Sling Blade on Reigns and then charges for a Sling Blade, but Reigns shuts him down with a Superman punch. Reigns looks for a spear, but Balor blocks it with a knee. They go back and forth until Reigns drops Balor with a Superman punch, and then Braun Strowman's music hits and Strowman comes out to the stage. Balor takes advantage of the distraction with a Sling Blade and dropkick on Reigns. Balor goes for the Coup De Grace, but Reigns dodges and hits a spear for the three count.
Winner & still Universal Champion: Roman Reigns
- Immediately after the match, Braun steps in the ring and drops Reigns. Braun gives his briefcase to the ref and cashes in his Money In The Bank contract. Before the bell rings, Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins come out to the old Shield music. Ambrose and Rollins get on the aprons and surround Strowman. Reigns gets to his feet and Braun charges at him. Ambrose and Rollins hit the ring and they all gang up on Strowman. Reigns superman punches Braun as they continue ganging up on him. Ambrose and Rollins then take Braun out to ringside near the announce table. Reigns follows and they look for the group powerbomb, but Strowman fights them off. Reigns fires back with a spear, and Braun is down. They grab Braun again and successfully powerbomb him through the announce table. Reigns, Rollins and Ambrose stand over Braun and bump fists as RAW goes off the air.