-- The numbers are in for the January 1st editions of AEW Dynamite and NXT's weekly TV show and it was Dynamite which came out on top, being watched by an average of 967,000 viewers - it's highest figure since mid-October. Of course, this doesn't come as a total shock as WWE countered with a taped, best-of-2019 edition of NXT and that show drew an all-time low 548,000 viewers. Dynamite also won the 18-49 demo battle, scoring a 0.36 rating there (a five-week high) while NXT was down at 0.15. On the night, ESPN's coverage of the Rose Bowl dominated everything, taking the top 9 spots in the viewership category with the actual game leading the way at 15.698 million viewers and a 3.77 rating.
1 - AEW Dynamite was simulcast on both TNT and TruTV.
2 - AEW Dynamite did not air this week; NXT airs a taped show.
3 - NXT show was a "Best of 2019" special.
Rajah.com Social Media Interaction* Follow Rajah head writer Matt Boone on Twitter @MattBoone1984
* Follow the official Rajah account on Twitter @Rajah_News
* Follow Rajah owner Rajah Kumar on Twitter @RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah Instagram account at Instagram.com/RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah Facebook page at Facebook.com/RajahWWF
* Join the official Rajah Forums by signing up at Forums.Rajah.com
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official Rajah Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/rajahcom