"The Murderhawk Monster" Lance Archer has tested positive for COVID-19.
The All Elite Wrestling star took to social media to break the news on Wednesday, leading to his being pulled from the scheduled six-man tag-team bout on tonight's episode of AEW Dynamite, which was originally advertised to see Archer team with Ricky Starks and Brian Cage to take on the trio of Darby Allin, Will Hobbs and AEW World Heavyweight Champion Jon Moxley.
"When I returned from our last show, a family member was ill when I got home," Archer wrote via his official Twitter page. "I found out later a friend who had taken my family member to the Vet for our Dachshund was COVID positive."
Archer continued, "While at home, now I’ve also gotten sick tested positive. I feel ok, expect to see me in 2 [weeks]."
Check out Lance Archer's official statement regarding his positive COVID-19 test below.
When I returned from our last show, a family member was ill when I got home. I found out later a friend who had taken my family member to the Vet for our Dachshund was COVID positive. While at home, now I’ve also gotten sick tested positive. I feel ok, expect to see me in 2 wks
— The Murderhawk Monster Lance Archer (@LanceHoyt) September 23, 2020
- PHOTOS: Former AEW & IMPACT Wrestling Star Gets Engaged To Another Wrestler (WATCH THE PROPOSAL ...)
WRESTLING NEWS REACTION, DISCUSSION & SOCIAL MEDIA* For late-breaking WWE & AEW news & rumors, follow our social media reporter on Twitter @MattBoone1984
* Follow Rajah owner Rajah Kumar on Twitter @RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah account on Twitter @Rajah_News
* Follow the official Rajah Instagram account at Instagram.com/RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah Facebook page at Facebook.com/RajahWWF
* Join the official Rajah Forums by signing up at Forums.Rajah.com
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official Rajah Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/rajahcom