-- After being out of action for several months - last being seen at the Super ShowDown event in June - Matt Hardy returned to action on WWE TV last week. Along with that though, Hardy has been in the news with a series of "Free the Delete" videos that he's released and it appears there's a point behind it all: his contract is set to expire in February 2020.
-- PWInsider reports that while WWE and Hardy have moved along well in negotiations - even almost coming to an agreement on the financial aspects of a new contract - the way Hardy will be used creatively has been the biggest hurdle in ongoing negotiations. Hardy realizes that this may very well be the final contract he signs in his pro wrestling career and wants to be used in a specific way and that he's felt that WWE hasn't capitalized on his "Broken" and then eventually "Woken" gimmicks as effectively as they could have.
-- If Matt chooses not to re-sign with WWE, he would be free to sign with any other promotion and there are indications that he may be preparing himself for a final run on the indie scene with his Broken Matt character. Meanwhile, brother Jeff Hardy's contract also expires in February of 2020, but he would be locked in with WWE for much longer as the company has tacked on time to his deal due to the leg injury that has kept him sidelined for much of 2019.
Rajah.com Social Media Interaction* Follow Rajah head writer Matt Boone on Twitter @MattBoone1984
* Follow the official Rajah account on Twitter @Rajah_News
* Follow Rajah owner Rajah Kumar on Twitter @RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah Instagram account at Instagram.com/RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah Facebook page at Facebook.com/RajahWWF
* Join the official Rajah Forums by signing up at Forums.Rajah.com
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official Rajah Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/rajahcom