— We had previously reported that the original plans for the men’s and women’s Royal Rumble matches were for Roman Reigns and Shayna Baszler to win their respective matches, however, Vince McMahon changed his mind. The Observer Newsletter speculates that this happened around a week before the PPV as significant smart money came in on Flair to win on January 19, which is likely when McMahon flipped things around.
— The reason for the switch is because McMahon wanted “stronger main events” for WrestleMania which for the men’s side means that Brock Lesnar vs. Drew McIntyre is going to be pushed and presented as the main event, bigger than the Roman Reigns vs. Bray Wyatt match even though the latter match is for the Universal title. As for Charlotte Flair, with Ronda Rousey out of the picture, the company sees her as the second biggest female star behind Becky Lynch but she is the highest paid. Flair was supposed to get a singles match at WrestleMania last year against Rousey, but the company went in a different direction after Lynch got over huge.
- POSSIBLE *SPOILER* - WWE Re-Names & Re-Designs NXT Title To Set Up TOP Women's Match, Star-Making Moment At WrestleMania 36 ...
Rajah.com Social Media Interaction* Follow Rajah head writer Matt Boone on Twitter @MattBoone1984
* Follow the official Rajah account on Twitter @Rajah_News
* Follow Rajah owner Rajah Kumar on Twitter @RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah Instagram account at Instagram.com/RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah Facebook page at Facebook.com/RajahWWF
* Join the official Rajah Forums by signing up at Forums.Rajah.com
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official Rajah Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/rajahcom