Some additional news and notes have surfaced regarding next week's special Memphis Wrestling Legends Tribute on AEW Dynamite in Southaven, Mississippi.
Dave Brown will join Excalibur at the commentary desk for the AEW DARK taping that will take place before and after the live television broadcast, and according to Dave Meltzer at F4WOnline.com, Excalibur will be doing his best to call the show as close to legendary Memphis Wrestling announcer Lance Russell.
Lance's son, Shane Russell will be at the show to honor his late father. Doug Gilbert is also scheduled to appear as a way to tip the cap to Tommy and Eddie Gilbert. Lanny Poffo will be there to honor his late father and brother, Angelo Poffo and "Macho Man" Randy Savage.
Additionally, Austin Idol and Jimmy Valiant will be on hand. The Rock 'N' Roll Express -- Ricky Morton and Robert Gibson -- will also be there.
Randy Hales and Brandon Baxter worked along with various AEW officials in putting the show together.
AEW Dynamite, featuring the special tribute to Memphis Wrestling Legends, goes down from the Landers Center in Southaven, MS. on Wed., Jan. 8th.
Make sure to join us here at Rajah.com on 1/8 for LIVE AEW Dynamite Results coverage from Southaven!
- PHOTOS: CM Punk Leaks Internal WWE Booking Sheet Revealing Interesting Original Plans For WrestleMania 30
Rajah.com Social Media Interaction* Follow Rajah head writer Matt Boone on Twitter @MattBoone1984
* Follow the official Rajah account on Twitter @Rajah_News
* Follow Rajah owner Rajah Kumar on Twitter @RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah Instagram account at Instagram.com/RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah Facebook page at Facebook.com/RajahWWF
* Join the official Rajah Forums by signing up at Forums.Rajah.com
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official Rajah Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/rajahcom