Where did "The Glamazon" moniker come for WWE Hall Of Fame legend Beth Phoenix?
During the second installment of the popular WWE Network Original Documentary series, "WWE Icons," the women's wrestling icon spoke about the origins of her nickname.
Featured below is an excerpt from the WWE Icons: Beth Phoenix episode, which features the wife of fellow WWE legend Adam "Edge" Copeland explaining how watching "Sex in the City" on HBO led to her nickname that would carry her throughout her WWE career.
"I had to start over. I was looking for a way to repackage myself and catch everyone’s attention again like I had the first time. They knew I could wrestle, I needed something more. I was watching Sex and the City and I heard the term ‘Glamazon’ used and was like, ‘That would make a fabulous moniker. I got a phone call that said, ‘You’re going back on the road,’ and it never stopped. I started creating the tiara look to stand out, to have one item that would brand me amongst the women. It was my Bret Hart sunglasses."
WRESTLING NEWS REACTION & DISCUSSION* For late-breaking WWE & AEW news & rumors, follow our social media reporter on Twitter @MattBoone0709
* Follow Rajah owner Rajah Kumar on Twitter @RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah account on Twitter @Rajah_News
* Follow the official Rajah Instagram account at Instagram.com/RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah Facebook page at Facebook.com/RajahWWF
* Join the official Rajah Forums by signing up at Forums.Rajah.com
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official Rajah Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/rajahcom