The Varsity Blonds -- Brian Pillman Jr. and Griff Garrison -- recently appeared as guests on the AEW UNRESTRICTED podcast for an in-depth interview with Tony Schiavone and Aubrey Edwards.
During their appearance on the official podcast of All Elite Wrestling, the up-and-coming tag-team duo spoke about their name and how it is an homage to the old-school tag-team of "Stunning" Steve Austin and "Flyin'" Brian Pillman known as The Hollywood Blonds.
Featured below is an excerpt from the interview where Pillman Jr. talks about how the two reached out to his father's former Hollywood Blonds tag-team partner, better known these days as "Stone Cold" Steve Austin, to be their coach.
“I’ve attempted to reach out to Steve a couple of times. I haven’t heard back yet. My ultimate ploy is that he would be our coach. He would come out of the curtain in a tracksuit and a whistle. He’s making us do drills before the match like a Drill Sergeant. We would always be ready. We would always be warmed up. We would have a mean angry coach to rile us up and then we wouldn’t fail because we would know that if we lost the match, we were going to get reamed at. I think he would be a good motivator for us and he would help us get our act together.”
WRESTLING NEWS REACTION & DISCUSSION* For late-breaking WWE & AEW news & rumors, follow our social media reporter on Twitter @MattBoone0709
* Follow Rajah owner Rajah Kumar on Twitter @RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah account on Twitter @Rajah_News
* Follow the official Rajah Instagram account at Instagram.com/RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah Facebook page at Facebook.com/RajahWWF
* Join the official Rajah Forums by signing up at Forums.Rajah.com
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official Rajah Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/rajahcom