Why hasn't WWE ever held a WrestleMania outside of North America?
Few people know the answer to this question better than longtime behind-the-scenes executive for the company, Bruce Prichard.
During a recent episode of his podcast, "Something to Wrestle with Bruce Prichard," the former "Brother Love" explained why WWE has never promoted a WrestleMania event outside of the North American market in the past.
Featured below is an excerpt from the show where he touches on this particular topic.
“Expense. You got to get everybody over there, it’s quite expensive. You’ve got travel, you’ve got equipment, you’ve got technology. That expense, when you look at time change and everything else, [being] live is a big selling point for pay per views. If you’re doing something at noon on Sunday that you’re used to getting at 6 or 7 in the evening, there’s just going to be less buys in general. The cost is definitely a lot higher.”
WRESTLING NEWS REACTION & DISCUSSION* For late-breaking WWE & AEW news & rumors, follow our social media reporter on Twitter @MattBoone0709
* Follow Rajah owner Rajah Kumar on Twitter @RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah account on Twitter @Rajah_News
* Follow the official Rajah Instagram account at Instagram.com/RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah Facebook page at Facebook.com/RajahWWF
* Join the official Rajah Forums by signing up at Forums.Rajah.com
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official Rajah Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/rajahcom