AEW superstar Chris Jericho was a recent guest on the SDR show to talk about his band Fozzy, and all things pro-wrestling. One notable topic that the Demo God revealed was that the NFL didn't want a certain spot to occur during the Stadium Stampede matchup at the May 23rd Double or Nothing pay per view.
The bout, which featured a showdown between The Elite and The Inner Circle, took place inside the Jacksonville Jaguars TIAA Bank Field without any fans due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Jericho states that the spot where he knocked out the Jaguars mascot had to get approved, with company President and co-owner of the Jaguars Tony Khan telling him to do it anyway.
That was one of the best things I've ever done in 30 years in the business. That was just 10 guys with different ideas, banging it out, not having to worry about 'so and so approved this'. The only thing I had to get approved was knocking out the Jacksonville Jaguars mascot. The only reason I had to get it approved was the NFL didn't want us to do it, but Tony Khan said do it anyway. Everything was kinda free form. It's just how creative do you want to be and how successful do you want to make the segment you're in.
MORE RECENT WRESTLING NEWS* WWE Bringing In Another Well-Known MMA Legend For High-Profile Match?
* AEW Stars Growing Frustrated Over Veterans Holding Onto Their Spots
* CM Punk's Surprising Reaction To RAW Underground, What He Wants To See
* Rusev & Maria Kanellis Blast WWE In Recent Twitter Rants
* The REAL Reason WWE Brought Back Shane McMahon This Week
* Latest Updates On Marty Jannetty Police Investigation For Potential Murder Case
* Renee Young Interested In Wrestling Specific Type Of Match & Opponent
REACTION: WRESTLING CHAT & SOCIAL MEDIA* For late-breaking WWE & AEW news & rumors, follow our social media reporter on Twitter @MattBoone1984
* Follow Rajah owner Rajah Kumar on Twitter @RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah account on Twitter @Rajah_News
* Follow the official Rajah Instagram account at Instagram.com/RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah Facebook page at Facebook.com/RajahWWF
* Join the official Rajah Forums by signing up at Forums.Rajah.com
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official Rajah Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/rajahcom