What does CM Punk think about his wife, AJ Lee, making her return in WOW (Women Of Wrestling)?
"The Best in the World" shared his thoughts on this and more during a recent interview with Sports Illustrated.
Featured below are some of the highlights.
On the storyline of his return to pro wrestling: “Ray Bourque, that’s exactly who I am. You’re going to have to Google that if you’re not a hockey person, but that’s exactly who I am. I’m the f—— old guy on the team, and I’m there to score goals, block shots and do whatever the f— I can to help the team win. I’m there in those in-between moments in the locker room to help people along. That’s my role backstage. To me, that’s the story I want to tell on the screen. I see some of the comments like, ‘CM Punk’s not in the story line.’ Yes, I am. The story is I’ve been gone for seven years and I came back. I’m starting at the bottom and making my way to the top. That’s the story.”
On his wife, AJ Lee, joining WOW as an executive producer and color commentator: “I’m very excited for her,” Punk says. “She’s doing what she wants to do. She’s going to get to write and use her voice to do something that she maybe thought she wouldn’t get the chance to do again. It’s no bumps, and it’s a chance to help foster and grow the next generation of females in wrestling. That’s a perfect, perfect spot for her.”
Check out the complete interview at SI.com.
WRESTLING NEWS REACTION & DISCUSSION* For late-breaking WWE & AEW news & rumors, follow our social media reporter on Twitter @MattBoone0709
* Follow Rajah owner Rajah Kumar on Twitter @RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah account on Twitter @Rajah_News
* Follow the official Rajah Instagram account at Instagram.com/RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah Facebook page at Facebook.com/RajahWWF
* Join the official Rajah Forums by signing up at Forums.Rajah.com
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official Rajah Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/rajahcom