According to PW Insider, AEW superstar and executive VP Cody Rhodes is expected to be taking some time off of television following the vicious beating he received at the hands of the Dark Order's Brodie Lee on Saturday's main event of Dynamite. Lee squashed Rhodes in minutes to become the new TNT champion, then continued his assault along with the help of his Dark Order minions.
Reports are that The American Nightmare's absence is to sell the beating, which saw him get stretchered out by medical officials to end the show. No word on how much time Rhodes is expected to miss, but AEW announced on Twitter that they will be providing a medical update on this week's Dynamite.
WRESTLING NEWS DISCUSSION & SOCIAL MEDIA INTERACTION* For late-breaking WWE & AEW news & rumors, follow our social media reporter on Twitter @MattBoone1984
* Follow Rajah owner Rajah Kumar on Twitter @RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah account on Twitter @Rajah_News
* Follow the official Rajah Instagram account at Instagram.com/RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah Facebook page at Facebook.com/RajahWWF
* Join the official Rajah Forums by signing up at Forums.Rajah.com
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official Rajah Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/rajahcom