Cody Rhodes shared a touching story about Dusty Rhodes on social media today.
One night before the birthday of the late pro wrestling legend "The American Dream," his son, AEW EVP and "The American Nightmare" took to social media to share a story about a training moment he shared with him during his WWE days.
Featured below is what he wrote.
"Happy Birthday Dusty – I hate today/I love today. Quick story: back at Mania’ in Miami, I had a rehearsal with my opponent and we shared the ballroom(where the rings were kept) with the main event…so I was slightly nervous already. During the discussion I heard a commotion coming from the closed doors and then my Dad flew into the room w/a security officer trailing saying he couldn’t be there – “I can be everywhere”- he sauntered up to my ring and proclaimed loudly “Cody over with his finish right in the middle”. Everybody in the room laughed but me; red faced and embarrassed I got out of the ring and under my breath murmured he needed to leave and I loved him. Paul W looked at me after and with wisdom/grace said “that may bother you now…but it’ll mean a lot to you in the future” – I would give anything for him to be on the other side of any door these days. We lost you, but time gave me Liberty. Thank you for teaching me how to be not just your son but your partner. I will do my best to teach her. I love you."
Check out the post below.
WRESTLING NEWS REACTION & DISCUSSION* For late-breaking WWE & AEW news & rumors, follow our social media reporter on Twitter @MattBoone0709
* Follow Rajah owner Rajah Kumar on Twitter @RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah account on Twitter @Rajah_News
* Follow the official Rajah Instagram account at Instagram.com/RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah Facebook page at Facebook.com/RajahWWF
* Join the official Rajah Forums by signing up at Forums.Rajah.com
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official Rajah Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/rajahcom