2022 is going to be the year of Damon Kemp in NXT 2.0.
The newest addition to the NXT 2.0 brand took to social media after his loss to Cameron Grimes on this week's show, vowing for this year to be a big one for his career.
Kemp, also known as Bobby Stevenson, borrowed a line from Sylvester Stallone from the "Rocky Balboa" film in the aforementioned social media entry.
"It ain’t how hard you can hit," he wrote after the loss to Grimes in his NXT 2.0 debut. "It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward! #yearofkemp."
During the match, Malcolm Bivens of The Diamond Mine came out to do some scouting, with WWE apparently teasing bringing Kemp into the group.
"Who does Malcolm Bivens have his eye on," the official WWE NXT Twitter feed wrote, along with footage of Bivens scouting the match.
Kemp is 0-2 since joining WWE, losing to Andre Chase in his WWE 205 Live debut a couple of weeks ago on the Christmas Eve edition of the purple brand program.
Damon Kemp is the real-life brother of Olympic standout and WWE NIL signee Gable Steveson.
— Bobby Steveson (@damonkempwwe) January 12, 2022
— WWE NXT (@WWENXT) January 12, 2022
WRESTLING NEWS REACTION* For late-breaking WWE & AEW news & rumors, follow our social media reporter on Twitter @MattBoone0709
* Follow Rajah owner Rajah Kumar on Twitter @RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah account on Twitter @Rajah_News
* Follow the official Rajah Instagram account at Instagram.com/RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah Facebook page at Facebook.com/RajahWWF
* Join the official Rajah Forums by signing up at Forums.Rajah.com
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official Rajah Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/rajahcom