Eddie Kingston recently spoke with the folks from Inside The Ropes for an in-depth interview covering all things pro wrestling.
During the discussion, "The Mad King" spoke about being in the ring with "The Icon" Sting and how much it meant to him.
Featured below is an excerpt from the interview where he touches on this topic.
"I saw him and in my head I’m like, ‘I’m on TNT, where I used to watch Nitro, and Sting was a major player in that’. Sting, at one point in time, you could say Sting was WCW. Everyone left except for him. He never left until the company closed doors. When I looked over, I was like, ‘This is a trip.’ That’s why I grabbed him and I said, ‘Hey, it’s f**king Sting.’ I guess he heard that he liked it. Then Mox heard it and came over. The fan that appreciates pro wrestling came out of me. I appreciated the fact that the history; TNT and Sting. Whether people want to believe it or not, history is written by the victors. You have WWE’s side, but in all honestly, at one point in time, WCW was the biggest company in America and Sting was part of that. Crow Sting is one of the reasons why. You have to give him credit. It was nuts."
WRESTLING NEWS REACTION & DISCUSSION* For late-breaking WWE & AEW news & rumors, follow our social media reporter on Twitter @MattBoone0709
* Follow Rajah owner Rajah Kumar on Twitter @RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah account on Twitter @Rajah_News
* Follow the official Rajah Instagram account at Instagram.com/RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah Facebook page at Facebook.com/RajahWWF
* Join the official Rajah Forums by signing up at Forums.Rajah.com
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official Rajah Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/rajahcom