Eddie Kingston recently spoke with the Bleacher Report for an in-depth interview covering all things pro wrestling.
During his discussion with the popular outlet, the AEW star spoke about differences between performing on the indies and on TV, growing up a WWF fan and more.
Featured below are some of the highlights from the interview.
On wrestling tapes being the only thing to calm him down as a child: "When I was a kid, it was the only thing that would keep me calm and relaxed," he said. "I was a hyper kid and I would run around like a maniac. My mother would put on wrestling tapes, any wrestling tapes she could get her hands on. She would sit me down on the couch, and I wouldn't move for however long the tape was."
On growing up in the WWF market and inspirations from the business: "Growing up in New York, all we had was WWF at the time because my family didn't have cable yet. Everyone loved Hulk Hogan, Ultimate Warrior, Macho Man and Ted DiBiase. When we got cable, I was able to see guys like Ric Flair and Dusty Rhodes. 'Hot Stuff' Eddie Gilbert was really the first guy to inspire me. My mom got a Memphis wrestling tape from the Bronx and I saw Gilbert and that was it. He was definitely the first guy who made me think I wanted to do this. He doesn't get enough credit."
On the differences between performing on the indies and on TV: "On TV, you have commercial breaks and you are on strict time. You need to stick to your time because you don't want to ruin anybody else's match. Time is the biggest difference."
Check out the complete interview at BleacherReport.com.
WRESTLING NEWS REACTION & DISCUSSION* For late-breaking WWE & AEW news & rumors, follow our social media reporter on Twitter @MattBoone0709
* Follow Rajah owner Rajah Kumar on Twitter @RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah account on Twitter @Rajah_News
* Follow the official Rajah Instagram account at Instagram.com/RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah Facebook page at Facebook.com/RajahWWF
* Join the official Rajah Forums by signing up at Forums.Rajah.com
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official Rajah Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/rajahcom