All Elite Wrestling commentator Excalibur recently appeared as a guest on the My Mom's Basement With Robbie Fox podcast for an in-depth interview covering all things pro wrestling.
During his appearance on the popular podcast hosted by the Barstool Sports personality, the AEW Dynamite on TNT commentator revealed some veteran advice given to him by pro wrestling legend and one of his Dynamite broadcast partners, Jim Ross.
Featured below is an excerpt from the interview, where Excalibur breaks down the advice that "Good Ole' J.R." gave him to help him adapt to the live television setting.
"One of the first shows, Jim Ross said to me, ‘you have good points, but we don’t get paid by the word.’ When it’s a PWG show and I’m calling it by myself, I can ramble on for as long as I need to to make a point. When I have to pass the ball to two other guys, being concise and making a point with an economy of words is something, for live television, I hadn’t done a lot of at that point. That’s something that really stuck with me."
Watch the complete Excalibur interview from the My Mom's Basement With Robbie Fox podcast via the video embedded below courtesy of the official YouTube channel of the popular pro wrestling program. H/T to Fightful for transcribing the above interview quote.
WRESTLING NEWS REACTION & DISCUSSION* For late-breaking WWE & AEW news & rumors, follow our social media reporter on Twitter @MattBoone0709
* Follow Rajah owner Rajah Kumar on Twitter @RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah account on Twitter @Rajah_News
* Follow the official Rajah Instagram account at Instagram.com/RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah Facebook page at Facebook.com/RajahWWF
* Join the official Rajah Forums by signing up at Forums.Rajah.com
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official Rajah Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/rajahcom