-- A federal appeals court dismissed the ongoing concussion lawsuit against WWE that was filed by about 50 former wrestlers fro from the 80s and 90s, who alleged that the company failed to protect them from concussions and the resulting long term brain damage. The 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in New York City agreed with a federal judge in Connecticut who had thrown out the lawsuits two years ago, suggesting that many of the claims were frivolous or were filed too late. Among the plaintiffs were Jimmy “Superfly” Snuka, Joseph “Road Warrior Animal” Laurinaitis, Paul “Mr. Wonderful” Orndorff, Chris “King Kong Bundy” Pallies and Harry Masayoshi Fujiwara, known as Mr. Fuji.
-- WWE third party lawyer Jerry McDevitt had this to say and the reference to Kyros is lawyer Konstantine Kyros, who represented the wrestlers.
"We were very grateful for the decision, and look forward to the only remaining aspect of the case, which is for the trial court to determine the amount of the sanction Kyros now has to pay WWE. I have seen Kyros comments to [the Associated Press], which are yet another display of his dishonesty which further supports my belief he has no business practicing law. He told his clients on his webpage that the appeals would be handled by the best appellate lawyers in the country, yet he failed to even file timely appeals and at oral argument told the court he was not even prepared to argue issues they had told him to be ready to argue. And when they rule against him he just lies about what the Court did and the rulings made by them. All of which is further proof of the wisdom of Judge Bryant ordering steps to be taken to protect the public and other wrestlers from him, which she did in her last opinion on the cases."
OTHER RECENT TOP HEADLINES AT RAJAH.COM* AEW Makes Fun Of WWE's New Third-Party Ban During ALL OUT PPV Broadcast (Photo)
* Lana Endorsement Ad Reason For WWE Third-Party Ban? View The Ad In Question & Read Lana's Reaction Denying The Rumor
* WWE Releases Statement Explaining Why They Are Banning Talent From Third-Party Deals
* CM Punk, Renee Young & Mick Foley Blast WWE For New Third-Party Talent Ban
* Backstage News On Initial Memo Sent Around Informing Talent Of Third-Party Ban
WRESTLING NEWS REACTION, DISCUSSION & SOCIAL MEDIA* For late-breaking WWE & AEW news & rumors, follow our social media reporter on Twitter @MattBoone1984
* Follow Rajah owner Rajah Kumar on Twitter @RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah account on Twitter @Rajah_News
* Follow the official Rajah Instagram account at Instagram.com/RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah Facebook page at Facebook.com/RajahWWF
* Join the official Rajah Forums by signing up at Forums.Rajah.com
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official Rajah Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/rajahcom