Brett Lauderdale recently appeared as a guest on the Business of the Business podcast for an in-depth interview covering all things pro wrestling.
During the discussion, the GCW owner spoke at length about Nick Gage, who was recently profiled on the Dark Side of the Ring docu-series on VICE TV, and has been in the headlines as of late.
Featured below are some of the highlights from the interview.
On whether or not he is worried about Nick Gage getting a better offer from a bigger company: “I don’t worry about it because, at the end of the day, I want to see him succeed and so does everyone on our team and all the fans. Would it be weird if someday there was a situation where he said, ‘this is my last show’? Yeah, that would be weird. Who knows how we would deal with that. It would be crazy to think that would happen, but realistically speaking, maybe it could happen and it’s going to happen.”
On how he would be happy for Gage if that does end up happening: “We can’t look at that as a bad thing, we would have to see that as a major win for him and all of us. The fact that a guy like him, who was sitting in a prison cell with no hope is now under contract making a large amount of money to do what he loves to do. I could never wish against that, I could only be happy for him if it happens.”
WRESTLING NEWS REACTION & DISCUSSION* For late-breaking WWE & AEW news & rumors, follow our social media reporter on Twitter @MattBoone0709
* Follow Rajah owner Rajah Kumar on Twitter @RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah account on Twitter @Rajah_News
* Follow the official Rajah Instagram account at Instagram.com/RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah Facebook page at Facebook.com/RajahWWF
* Join the official Rajah Forums by signing up at Forums.Rajah.com
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official Rajah Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/rajahcom