Bill Goldberg was not a big fan of Gillberg.
The WWE Hall of Fame legend spoke during the second season of the WWE Network documentary series "Ruthless Aggression" about the Duane Gill character who portrayed a parody character of himself, as well as the impact that The Rock had on his career in WWE.
Featured below are some of the highlights.
On his thoughts on the Gillberg gimmick in WWE during his iconic run in WCW: "I hated the Gillberg thing in the beginning. I just absolutely hated it. I wanted to rip the guy’s face off. I wanted to really kill him. But that means it worked."
On The Rock being a large part of his success in WWE: "Coming from WCW to WWE and making that splash, it had to be with the right person. He [The Rock] was instrumental in my success immediately in the WWE."
Check out the complete second season of WWE Ruthless Aggression by subscribing to the WWE Network on Peacock. H/T to Sportskeeda.com for transcribing the above quotes.
WRESTLING NEWS REACTION & DISCUSSION* For late-breaking WWE & AEW news & rumors, follow our social media reporter on Twitter @MattBoone0709
* Follow Rajah owner Rajah Kumar on Twitter @RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah account on Twitter @Rajah_News
* Follow the official Rajah Instagram account at Instagram.com/RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah Facebook page at Facebook.com/RajahWWF
* Join the official Rajah Forums by signing up at Forums.Rajah.com
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official Rajah Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/rajahcom