WWE Hall of Famer Bill Goldberg was recently interviewed by Sports Illustrated to hype his upcoming appearance on the ABC series Schooled. During his interview, the former Universal champion speaks about his matchup with Dolph Ziggler at SummerSlam, and whether or not fans can expect an in-ring return. He also talks about maintaining his incredible physique, and how he's adapted his training as he gets older. Highlights are below.
His SummerSlam match against Ziggler:
I am greatly appreciative of what he did for me, and for his professionalism. I can’t say thank you enough.
Bouncing back from the Undertaker matchup:
I’m never happy with any of my performances, and I’d lost my mojo, I felt like. But the reality is, the older you get, the more you’re going to lose your mojo because you can’t do it like you used to.
Whether he plans on making another in-ring return:
It’s by no means my farewell performance, nor was it my best performance, but you have to be realistic and take all things into consideration. It’s a very good possibility I’ll be back, but you don’t know it until it’s done.
Maintaining his physique at his age:
That gets lost in the shuffle, but it’s actually the biggest factor. I don’t know of a power wrestler that’s been able to come back after a 12-year hiatus and still be that guy. I had a really tough time keeping weight on when I was that guy, so now it’s exponentially harder. So I just need to reinvent myself. Instead of being 280 pounds with veins on my traps, I can be 260 with veins on my traps. I just moved to Texas, and the first pod that I loaded up was my neck machine, my upright rowing machine, and dumbbells from 60 to 120. Staying in shape and being that role model for my son is my priority. That’s a struggle, and it’s not just physical. It’s also mental. The physique, that was part of the package. If you take away parts of the package, then it isn’t as favorable as it was in the past. But I’m the man of reinvention, and anybody that says I can’t do something can kiss my ass.
WWE / AEW News & Rumors* Update On CM Punk Segment On WWE Backstage Tonight, Interest-Level For His Return
* More On WWE 2K Facebook Pages Getting Hacked With AEW Logos & Offensive Posts (Photos)
* Sasha Banks Reveals She Has Changed Her Nickname From "The Boss" To ...
* Kevin Nash & Scott Hall Working With & High On 7-Foot-Plus Tall NXT Rookie (Photos)
* Possible *Spoiler* On Plans For Big Dog Collar Match At WWE TLC PPV In December
* Close-Up HQ Photos & Video Of New WWE Universal Title Belt
* Who Is Upset CM Punk Is Back?, Update On Survivor Series Return In His Hometown
* Watch: Behind-The-Scenes Look At CM Punk Preparing For Surprise WWE Return
* Tyson Fury Reveals Private Convo With Vince McMahon, WrestleMania Match Planned?
* Watch: Corey Graves Makes Case For WWE Veteran Deserving Main Event Push
* Update On CM Punk's Actual WWE Status, Survivor Series Return In Chicago?
* WWE Forced To Change Plans For Survivor Series In A Big Way, Find Out Why
* Watch: WWE Stars & TV Crew Have Priceless Off-Camera Reaction To CM Punk's Return
* Watch: NXT Star Calls WWE Racist, Publicly Quits On Live Stream: "F*ck You, I Quit"
* Watch: Mick Foley Explains His Love For Bray Wyatt's "The Fiend" Character
* Another WWE Star Gets A Name Change, Comments On New Name
* Backstage News On CM Punk/WWE: Return Kept Secret, 1 Person Knew, FOX/WWE
* Watch: Go Backstage With An Emotional Natalya After Finding Out About Father In WWE HOF
* Report: WWE Main Roster Tag-Team Quietly Parts Ways With The Company?
Rajah.com Social Media Interaction* Follow Rajah head writer Matt Boone on Twitter @MattBoone1984
* Follow the official Rajah account on Twitter @Rajah_News
* Follow Rajah owner Rajah Kumar on Twitter @RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah Instagram account at Instagram.com/RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah Facebook page at Facebook.com/RajahWWF
* Join the official Rajah Forums by signing up at Forums.Rajah.com
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official Rajah Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/rajahcom