"Hangman" Adam Page recently admitted that he felt like he never truly earned his shot at the first-ever AEW World Championship match along with Chris Jericho.
As Page explained during a recent appearance on The Wrestling Inc Daily podcast, he feels that while he may have the ability to back things up, he never felt like he earned the right to defeat arguably the best wrestler on the planet in Kenny Omega let alone get one of only two spots available in the first-ever match for the AEW World Championship.
"I think about how we got to the first ever title match, and Chris Jericho got there by beating the best wrestler in the world at the time and I might say now as well, Kenny Omega," Page said. "And I got there by getting to enter into a battle royal dead last and eliminating a lot of people who were largely kind of unknown, under known [or] under successful, maybe."
Page continued, "So even our paths to the title match didn’t feel equal. I never felt like I earned it, maybe, in the same way that Chris Jericho did, and then getting to be in that title match, obviously, is huge opportunity. And it’s one that I blew, so here we are."
Check out the complete "Hangman" Adam Page interview at AudioBoom.com.
WRESTLING NEWS DISCUSSION & SOCIAL MEDIA* For late-breaking WWE & AEW news & rumors, follow our social media reporter on Twitter @MattBoone1984
* Follow Rajah owner Rajah Kumar on Twitter @RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah account on Twitter @Rajah_News
* Follow the official Rajah Instagram account at Instagram.com/RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah Facebook page at Facebook.com/RajahWWF
* Join the official Rajah Forums by signing up at Forums.Rajah.com
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official Rajah Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/rajahcom