Apparently the injury to Heath during the IMPACT Bound For Glory 2020 pay-per-view on Saturday night resulted in the planned outcome of the match being changed on-the-fly as the Call Your Shot Gauntlet Match was in progress.
Dave Meltzer noted in an update at F4WOnline.com on Sunday that due to suffering an injury, which is now reported to be a hernia, Heath no longer came out victorious in the Call Your Shot Gauntlet Match at the IMPACT Bound For Glory 2020 PPV on Saturday as was originally intended.
Instead, due to the match stipulations that saw Heath earn a full IMPACT Wrestling contract if Rhino wins, or be forced out of the promotion altogether if either he or Rhino lost the match, the only option IMPACT had was to have Rhino gore Sami Callihan and pin him when they were the last two in the match.
Meltzer noted that he was taken to the hospital after the show and was back at his hotel late Saturday night. In terms of the severity of the injury, Heath will likely need surgery, which would put him on the sidelines temporarily.
The injury that Heath suffered, which he initially believed to be a groin tear, apparently happened very early into the match.
We will keep you posted here at Rajah.com as updates continue to surface regarding the injury condition and IMPACT Wrestling status of Heath.
REACTION: WWE, AEW & Wrestling News Discussion* For late-breaking WWE & AEW news & rumors, follow our social media reporter on Twitter @MattBoone1984
* Follow Rajah owner Rajah Kumar on Twitter @RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah account on Twitter @Rajah_News
* Follow the official Rajah Instagram account at Instagram.com/RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah Facebook page at Facebook.com/RajahWWF
* Join the official Rajah Forums by signing up at Forums.Rajah.com
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official Rajah Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/rajahcom