-- According to TMZ, Jerry "The King" Lawler is suing the Tennessee Sheriff for $3 million in the death of his son, Brian Christopher Lawler, which occurred exactly one year ago today. Christopher died after hanging himself in his cell after being arrested for DUI, but Lawler claims that his death could have been prevented if officials had followed the proper procedures.
-- Lawler's attorney claims that Brian - who suffered from depression and had previously tried to take his own life while in custody of law enforcement officials back in 2013 and 2015 - was not protected from himself, especially after he was attacked by another inmate. The suit argues that apart from not giving Brian any support for his substance abuse, they also did not provide Brian any medical help for his injuries, while placing him in solitary confinement with both his shoes and shoelaces, which he used to commit suicide by hanging himself from two bolts on the wall.
-- The lawyer adds that the family has filed a lawsuit in the hopes of holding officials accountable -- and any money they are awarded will go toward supporting Brian's son. He also wants an apology from the Sheriff's Dept. and changes to be made at the jail so tragedies like this don't happen again. Lawler also said that he met with the Sheriff while Brian was in custody, explaining to the official that his son needed help for alcohol and drugs which they promised they would give him treatment for. The King says that is why he did not pay any money to bail Brian out, assuming he was better off in custody getting the help he needed.
More WWE & AEW News (Updated: Monday, July 29th)* Alexa Bliss Gets Two More New Tattoos Over The Weekend (Photos)
* Randy Orton & Wife's Romantic Weekend (Pics & Vid Of Them Making Out!)
* Update On WWE Doing Mandy Rose/Sonya Deville Lesbian Angle
* WWE Planning To Launch Brand New 'NXT Canada' Brand?
* Vince McMahon Makes First Public Comments Criticizing AEW?
* Funny Video Of Sonya Deville Messing Up Her Lines On SD! Live (Updated)
* Update On WWE Building To "Demon King" vs. "The Fiend" Super Match
* Detailed Update On Jimmy Uso's Latest Arrest: Being Difficult With Cops
* Backstage News On WWE Planning All-Women Special SD! Live Episode
* WWE No Longer Expects To Break WWE Network Record In 2019
* Hulk Hogan Predicts WWE's Next 2 "Breakout Mega-Stars" From NXT
* Update On AEW On TNT Show Name: Options Being Considered
* Married WWE Couple Surprise WWE Fans At Wedding (Video)
* WWE Network To Relaunch With NEW Design & Features (Video & Photos)
* Hulk Hogan "Like You've Never Seen Him Before" (Photos)
* 5 Pages Worth Of Backstage News From WWE RAW Reunion
* WWE's Newest 7-Foot-Plus Tall Giant Makes NXT Debut (Photos)
Rajah.com Social Media Interaction* Follow Rajah head writer Matt Boone on Twitter @MattBoone1984
* Follow the official Rajah account on Twitter @Rajah_News
* Follow Rajah owner Rajah Kumar on Twitter @RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah Instagram account at Instagram.com/RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah Facebook page at Facebook.com/RajahWWF
* Join the official Rajah Forums by signing up at Forums.Rajah.com
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official Rajah Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/rajahcom