John Cena appeared on ESPN Pardon My Take to promote the release of his new HBO Max original series, "The Peacemaker."
During the appearance, the future WWE Hall of Fame legend and emerging Hollywood big-shot spoke about whether or not he watches AEW and how he feels competition is a good thing for WWE.
Featured below are some of the highlights from the interview.
On whether or not he watches AEW and how competition is good for WWE: “I haven’t watched AEW. Do I think competition is good? I think competition is great. There is internal competition within WWE about performers wanting to be champion, performers wanting to be headliners. I think whenever there is more buzz around an industry, it is good for the industry. It forces all of us to be at our best because if you’re not, your segment isn’t going to be good. Your performance is not going to be good, you may not have a future with the company you are with, and repeated bad segments from the group means the company isn’t going to be good, which means the competition will succeed."
On how competition within WWE always made him a better performer: "So, I think competition brings out the best in us. For all my time going out there as a performer, I always wanted to do the best I could possibly do, certainly set the tone for wanting to be the best show between Raw and SmackDown, certainly, have eyes on the segments that I was on. I was fueled by a sense of internal competition.”
WRESTLING NEWS REACTION* For late-breaking WWE & AEW news & rumors, follow our social media reporter on Twitter @MattBoone0709
* Follow Rajah owner Rajah Kumar on Twitter @RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah account on Twitter @Rajah_News
* Follow the official Rajah Instagram account at Instagram.com/RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah Facebook page at Facebook.com/RajahWWF
* Join the official Rajah Forums by signing up at Forums.Rajah.com
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official Rajah Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/rajahcom